Dead dog!

c.tague

Reaction score
my buddy has some property in the IE, lots of dogs out there so he invited me out for a shoot. the first trip, we saw one way off but some bikers came through and chased him out. later, at a different stand, we had 2 running in on a string, then they stopped and paused for a minute, one jumped into a thick clump of grass and came out with a rabbit. we sat and watched them for a few minutes then more runners came through and they were off. it was fun watching them though, they were tossing that rabbit around like a killer whale does with a seal, they were just playing with a dead rabbit. needless to say, they lost interest in my foxpro once they had a real meal. saw 3, killed 0.

last friday, second trip out we hit this guy early, first stand. saw another one just about 1/4 mile further. hit him but he was gone into some thick brush and we couldn't find him. i'm using a .17, those things don't make very big holes so it's got to be a solid hit to drop him fast. my buddy dumped on him with his 10-22, he jumped a few times but, like i said, never found him. saw a third one but he was way off again, never came in all the way. this trip, saw 3, killed 2, one more quickly than the other.

Attachments

• yote.JPG
    yote.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 39
  • yote ground.JPG
    yote ground.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 34

fudster

Reaction score
Wild dog's, huh?

I've seen similiar while out hunting in the desert, what classify's them as dog's vs coyote???

I've seen a few with gold fur mixed in, just thought it was a coyote cross?

c.tague

Reaction score
fudster said:
Wild dog's, huh?

I've seen similiar while out hunting in the desert, what classify's them as dog's vs coyote???

I've seen a few with gold fur mixed in, just thought it was a coyote cross?
i don't know about the cross breeds, i just used the term dog becasue it's shorter than typing coyote....

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Coydogs are getting pretty common down near La Jolla Indian Res..............Big problem back east.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Steve, these are feral dogs mating with wild coyotes?