Daughter in Law first Big game animal

paulc

I might have shot the wrong buck a couple weeks ago. This buck definitely scores better than mine. Zach found this buck first thing and we closed the distance as close as we could. Price gave us a beautiful grand daughter 4 weeks ago and today she scored on her first hunt. She made a great 400 yard shot and is new to shooting as well.

Attachments

popx5

Well above average... congrats on the grand kid. One of the best days of my life was the promotion to grandad. And wholly smokes, what a great first buck... might take some time to top that one

paulc

I bet she hasn't shot a box of rounds in her life. She has shot a .22 a little. We practiced a couple times before the hunt, but, mostly it was dry firing and shooting from sticks, or sitting. I decided there was no way she would take more than a 300 yard shot and probably not ev en that. Of course 400 was best we could do. She had never shot prone, but, we had plenty of time and 4 packs to really get the gun and her set. She totally missed her first shot. I was regretting saying we would shoot at all. Believe it or not, the bucks looked around for a few minutes and then went back to feeding. 2nd shot was money. That is why I said son of a bitch because it was a huge relief. Didn't want a wounded deer. Helluva a shot for someone that has never even touched a gun till about a year ago,

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Pretty awesome Paul. I think girls pick up shooting much quicker than guys. We try to overthink and analyze everything, girls just place the crosshairs and squeeze.

Alchemistkb

Sleeping with an Admin....
I bet she hasn't shot a box of rounds in her life. She has shot a .22 a little. We practiced a couple times before the hunt, but, mostly it was dry firing and shooting from sticks, or sitting. I decided there was no way she would take more than a 300 yard shot and probably not ev en that. Of course 400 was best we could do. She had never shot prone, but, we had plenty of time and 4 packs to really get the gun and her set. She totally missed her first shot. I was regretting saying we would shoot at all. Believe it or not, the bucks looked around for a few minutes and then went back to feeding. 2nd shot was money. That is why I said son of a bitch because it was a huge relief. Didn't want a wounded deer. Helluva a shot for someone that has never even touched a gun till about a year ago,
I LOVE this story... second only to the fact that she gave birth just 4 weeks prior. She's an actual stud!

paulc

I LOVE this story... second only to the fact that she gave birth just 4 weeks prior. She's an actual stud!
[/QUOTE
You are right. We hiked in the dark to get to a glassing mountain, then, she made a amazing shot and packed out the load on her back about 1.5 miles after basically being pregnant and caring for an infant the last 10 months. She is a tough girl. Never complained, never hesitated, and hung right in there with us. Of course, I am pretty slow these days. LOL