D14 Buck Pics

Bucknut

No I don't have any yet. But I was hoping you D14 guys could post some of your past success pics. I'm an x zone transplant and I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of animals the zone holds before I hunt it. No locations please, just pics if you got'em. Thanks!

paulc

Man are you going to be disappointed. There are a couple good bucks out of D14/D19 every years, but, most are pretty small.

Bucknut

lol I know its not known for big bucks, otherwise it wouldn't be so easy to get a tag. I like a challenge though. Hunting difficult zones makes you a better hunter imo, and it lets you appreciate the x zones when you draw them. Getting out and learning new country is appealing also.
Like always, I'll be looking for a mature buck. It doesn't have to be huge.

hntnnut

Just shy of 130". I took the advice of a game warden that I knew from the area and hunted "up with the sheep" as I had seen bucks that he had taken in the 150-155 class . The same should hold true with D-14.

Richard

Skeet

buck feaver
He wasnt that old we were guessing 3 or so. I got one a little smaller the year before that might have been a two to three year old but the one my dad got the next year (all out of the same canyon) a nice 4x3 he was up there in age.

Bucknut

I met a neighbor of mine who consistently pulls bucks out of there every year. Makes it sound easy..which I know it aint. Thanks for the pic skeet. :thumbs-up-ani: