D12 Buck

crab

4 years and some hard work finally paid off
myself, my brother and another buddy hunted D12 opener.
my brother and buddy hiked up a canyon about 3/4 mile at 2pm on Saturday.
the plan was to sit and stay put, wind direction was blowing down the canyon
that's when this guy made an appearance
in our buddys words:

Hello Everybody,
If you have not heard by now, I finally got a decent size mule deer.
It weighed over 165lbs dressed. The rack is a 5 x 4, outside span is 23 1/2", widest points are 21".
The shot was about 100 yards(closer than I am used to) and walking away, and I got him about 5:30PM on Saturday. It was a clean kill with 165gr, 30-06 bullet.

CATCH

:beer-toast: Holy cow....you found one of those desert ghost! Greta job :smiley-bowdown-purple:

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
that is an awesome buck!!!! and a D12 buck to boot......trophy for sure!!! for people that have never hunted d12...they will never understand what a huge accomplishment it is to kill a buck in that zone...and to kill a monster like that is something to be proud of!!

if you dont mind me asking what part of d12 are you guys hunting out of? we usually camp off oglby road just south of 78. and hunt black mnt. area, Indian pass, midway well, 9 mile wash and the flats. last year we hunted alot around the cargos.

Hunt Crazy in CA

thats a hammer for for sure!!!! congrats to you all, and yes it a great acompliment to kill one in that zone.....im planning on livin in that zone next year with my bow...well see how it ends...congrats again guys!!!

sidepass

QUOTE (Hunt Crazy in CA @ Nov 8 2010, 04:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=293714
thats a hammer for for sure!!!! congrats to you all, and yes it a great acompliment to kill one in that zone.....im planning on livin in that zone next year with my bow...well see how it ends...congrats again guys!!!

Nice!