D-5 Icehouse resivoir deer hunt

JNDEER

have not hunted it for a while.......dad hunted it a few weeks back and seen a few..... took my first "blacktail" their :smiley-ugly-lol-bashing-sign:

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
A good buddy's buddy told me that his buddy's buddy only sees 4pts there, and only during odd numbered years in the month of October.

Go get em...

Thinking about heading up this weekend. Any advice on where to hunt? Beginning hunter here lol

JNDEER

1)go and dowload google earth to your computer
2)scan over the dirt/paved roads on the east side of Ice house road. follow them and rotate the screen shot to find the hills, valleys, bowls etc.
3) find an area away.. off of the road that is high and shows a view of the sorrounding areas. preferably with some clearings, brush, open areas, green meadows etc.
4) figure out the roads, landmarks etc to get to that spot.
5) leave early and get to that spot .5-1 hour before legal light. use your binoculars to "glass" the sorrounding areas to find the blacktail deer

If that is too difficult, not knowing you.... you can always stay in the vehicle, roll down the windows, keep the heater on and drive every dirt/paved road you can find looking for deer. The KEY here is to make sure you clean your windshield before you leave. Also I have found having some sunflower seeds to munch on will help pass the time.
Best of luck

Thanks so much guys, I'll let you all know how it went. Bringing my cousins that are big time hunters to help me out a bit. Thanks!