Colorado

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Anyone else apply for Colorado draws yet? I know they have a new system and changed the way they charge but just want to make sure all is right. Showing 10 for habitate stamp and 3 per species to apply?

nicapopolis

Reaction score
I haven't applied yet, but that sounds right to me. I did use the new system already for a turkey tag I put in for and drew.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
I'm waiting til the deadline. I don't like it one bit.... Colorado is the worst state for point creep and this made it worse. I'm over 20 years into the sheep and goat draw and still haven't drawn a tag... this will nail the coffin shut. Disappointed... Ed F

bpnclark

Reaction score
They can never find my elk points when I log on and I have to call them about it everytime.

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Reaction score
BOWUNTR said:
I'm waiting til the deadline. I don't like it one bit.... Colorado is the worst state for point creep and this made it worse. I'm over 20 years into the sheep and goat draw and still haven't drawn a tag... this will nail the coffin shut. Disappointed... Ed F
Are you applying for a tough unit or mediocre? With the bonus point systems for goat/sheep/moose, It seems to be just luck of the draw.

bpnclark said:
They can never find my elk points when I log on and I have to call them about it everytime.
Have you logged into the new system yet? Make sure you don't wait.

I'm still muddling my choices. Deer is pretty much locked in, but elk? Nick, wanna go together? I'll chat with you later this week. I'll be out of pocket Monday through Wednesday.

Oh, and Skeet, that is correct. Your CC will get hit now when/if you draw.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Zach said:
Are you applying for a tough unit or mediocre? With the bonus point systems for goat/sheep/moose, It seems to be just luck of the draw.
bpnclark said:
Have you logged into the new system yet? Make sure you don't wait.

I'm still muddling my choices. Deer is pretty much locked in, but elk? Nick, wanna go together? I'll chat with you later this week. I'll be out of pocket Monday through Wednesday.

Oh, and Skeet, that is correct. Your CC will get hit now when/if you draw.
My brother is planning to go back to where they went last year. Backcountry trip again. Still debating. Let's chat.

No clue for deer, but would love to shoot a deer this year and 2 would be really nice.

Antelope, probably will just shoot a doe for meat.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Yes and no... I'm mostly sticking to units I know I can kill one with a bow. A combo of harder units to draw and bad luck. The max weighted points haven't helped me.... Maybe this year. Ed F

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the help so used to having to fork out the full amount it didn't seem right. Just another round of points anyway but don't want to miss a year as that point creep is stupid. Zach and Nic if 61 keeps getting further away from me may hit you guys up for ideas in a few years going on 19 points for elk which sounds stupid but with work and family haven't had the time to use them yet anyway so just kept building for a rainy day I guess