coldest November-December U.S. temperature on record

Huntducks

Reaction score
it's amazing beetslayer is in mute mode.

Hey beet stutscito. :smiley-laugh-point-up-yellow:

Tim i'll bet he has know clue what that means.

the supernuge

Lord of the 'fly's'
Reaction score
Oh God, what have I wrought?
:smiley-laugh-point-up-yellow: :smiley_rotflmao: :smiley_rotflmao: :lol:

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score
Oh God, what have I wrought?
:smiley_10sign: :smiley-cool-shades-down: :16: :(

Well, you did throw a stick of dynamite on the table...

Beastslayer

Reaction score
Do you even realize that what you are doing is just like high school girl's cliques doing intrigue-laden back-stabbing, label-sticking, name-calling girls' talk?

Surrender your man-cards, dudes! Or should it be dudettes?

JDC

Itchin to pull the trigger
Reaction score
Do you even realize that what you are doing is just like high school girl's cliques doing intrigue-laden back-stabbing, label-sticking, name-calling girls' talk?

Surrender your man-cards, dudes! Or should it be dudettes?

Actually Beast I think they were calling you out for round two.

Coondog

Reaction score
Link

Weather Channel Founder Blasts Network; Claims It Is 'Telling Us What to Think'
TWC founder and global warming skeptic advocates suing Al Gore to expose 'the fraud of global warming.'

By Jeff Poor
Business & Media Institute
3/3/2008 6:11:04 PM

The Weather Channel has lost its way, according to John Coleman, who founded the channel in 1982.

Coleman told an audience at the 2008 International Conference on Climate Change on March 3 in New York that he is highly critical of global warming alarmism.

The Weather Channel had great promise, and thats all gone now because theyve made every mistake in the book on what theyve done and how theyve done it and its very sad, Coleman said. Its now for sale and theres a new owner of The Weather Channel will be announced several billion dollars having changed hands in the near future. Lets hope the new owners can recapture the vision and stop reporting the traffic, telling us what to think and start giving us useful weather information.

The Weather Channel has been an outlet for global warming alarmism. In December 2006, The Weather Channels Heidi Cullen argued on her blog that weathercasters who had doubts about human influence on global warming should be punished with decertification by the American Meteorological Society.

Coleman also told the audience his strategy for exposing what he called the fraud of global warming. He advocated suing those who sell carbon credits, which would force global warming alarmists to give a more honest account of the policies they propose.

have a feeling this is the opening, Coleman said. If the lawyers will take the case sue the people who sell carbon credits. That includes Al Gore. That lawsuit would get so much publicity, so much media attention. And as the experts went to the media stand to testify, I feel like that could become the vehicle to finally put some light on the fraud of global warming.

Earlier at the conference Lord Christopher Monckton, a policy adviser to former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, told an audience that the science will eventually prevail and the scare of global warming will go away. He also said the courts were a good avenue to show the science.

API

Reaction score
I saw John Coleman on Fox News this morning. It's tough to have to admit to the world that something one gave birth to has gone in an unintended direction. Kudos to John for standing up and telling the truth!

Coondog

Reaction score
Yeah.. its pretty sad.. I am glad he is standing up for his beliefs.. but sad that he has to see his business go away...

cduck

Reaction score
As a good crime detective would ask: Who has the greater motive (or in this case, the vested interests)?

So, I guess Coleman answered Beast's question about "greater motive". It appears that Al may be making money on selling carbon offsets. Well now...that's an interesting twist on things. Makes the $10K grants given by the oil companies to some scientists seem like small potatoes.....if proven.

Are there any hard reports out there linking Al Gore with profiting from carbon offsets????

API

Reaction score
Now... I believe that "global warming" is a media event that is based upon very limited scientific observations, and presents a marketing opportunity for whomever wants to exploit it.

Enter Al Gore and the dangling Carbon Offsets...

So, I guess Coleman answered Beast's question about "greater motive". It appears that Al may be making money on selling carbon offsets. Well now...that's an interesting twist on things. Makes the $10K grants given by the oil companies to some scientists seem like small potatoes.....if proven.

I don't see how Al's motive could be more clear.

Coondog

Reaction score
lol.. ask and ye shall receive! First article that popped up on a google search...

Al Gore Is A Phony

Gore's 'carbon offsets' paid to firm he owns
Critics say justification for energy-rich lifestyle serves as way for former VP to profit
Posted: March 02, 2007
4:13 pm Eastern

Al Gore defends his extraordinary personal energy usage by telling critics he maintains a "carbon neutral" lifestyle by buying "carbon offsets," but the company that receives his payments turns out to be partly owned and chaired by the former vice president himself.
Gore has built a "green money-making machine capable of eventually generating billions of dollars for investors, including himself, but he set it up so that the average Joe can't afford to play on Gore's terms," writes blogger Dan Riehl.

Gore has described the lifestyle he and his wife Tipper live as "carbon neutral," meaning he tries to offset any energy usage, including plane flights and car trips, by "purchasing verifiable reductions in CO2 elsewhere."

But it turns out he pays for his extra-large carbon footprint through Generation Investment Management, a London-based company with offices in Washington, D.C., for which he serves as chairman. The company was established to take financial advantage of new technologies and solutions related to combating "global warming," reports blogger Bill Hobbs.

Generation Investment Management's U.S. branch is headed by a former Gore staffer and fund-raiser, Peter S. Knight, who once was the target of probes by the Federal Election Commission and the Department of Justice.

Hobbs points out Gore stands to make a lot of money from his promotion of the alleged "global warming" threat, which is disputed by many mainstream scientists.

"In other words, he 'buys' his 'carbon offsets' from himself, through a transaction designed to boost his own investments and return a profit to himself," Hobbs writes. "To be blunt, Gore doesn't buy 'carbon offsets' through Generation Investment Management ? he buys stocks."

As WND reported, Gore, whose film warning of a coming cataclysm due to man-made "global warming" won two Oscars, has a mansion in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville that consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Tennessee Center for Policy Research, citing data from the Nashville Electric Service.

The think tanks says since the release of Gore's film, the former presidential candidate's energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kilowatt-hours per month in 2005, to 18,400 per month in 2006.

API

Reaction score
Thanks Larry!

Well...that's some interesting information. So, it appears that the Emperor Al has no clothes......

Tim, check out the publication date on Larry's post. "Al the Ass" continues blowing smoke up the descending terminus of our collective alimentary canal.

the supernuge

Lord of the 'fly's'
Reaction score
Gore a fraud? Must be a vast right wing conspiracy, right Hill?

I can hear the helicopters now.......

API

Reaction score
Will Al Gore give the Oscar and the Peace prize back? I doubt it. If the media does it's job very few will know and those who do will be told their wrong.
Gore a fraud? Must be a vast right wing conspiracy, right Hill?
'Nuge, from cradle to almost grave, your most recent post to this thread is number 57. I don't know the record, but this is pretty darn good!