Chukar before the rain

uplander

Reaction score
I decided to take a day off this week and look for some birds before the predicted storm rolled in. It was a nice day in the desert, and things look very promising for next year. It took a while but I did find some birds and managed to bag a couple.

Attachments

• Chukar Jan 2017 - Copy.jpg
    Chukar Jan 2017 - Copy.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 5

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a double hatch as well really miss chasing them birds

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Congrats......The one on the right is indeed a fine specimen........ :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

Old Quack 49

Reaction score
Getting both my knees replaced. Hope the Doc will OK those types of hunts again . Been a sit on my butt hunter for too long . Enjoy your success and photos, Old Quack 49

popx5

Reaction score
The desert looks epic. I've been out several times this year chasing the beloved bird from hell. I've been finding them about every trip and getting some great dog work and points. Could of shot a limit a few weeks ago, but settled for one. I have been watching most fly away. I just wont kill em unless there is a covey of 20 or more. Shot a handful over the season but I'm really hopeful for this spring that we might get some good recruitment. Nice to see running creeks and seeps in the desert again. This is the best winter since 2010. Much more water on the way. Hope for the magical may shower to really finish it off.

Nice job on the birds.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
popx5 said:
The desert looks epic. I've been out several times this year chasing the beloved bird from hell. I've been finding them about every trip and getting some great dog work and points. Could of shot a limit a few weeks ago, but settled for one. I have been watching most fly away. I just wont kill em unless there is a covey of 20 or more. Shot a handful over the season but I'm really hopeful for this spring that we might get some good recruitment. Nice to see running creeks and seeps in the desert again. This is the best winter since 2010. Much more water on the way. Hope for the magical may shower to really finish it off.

Nice job on the birds.
Plus 1 Tom, Plus 1......... :2:

popx5

Reaction score
Went out today with my son in law and his pup, a cousin to Casey. We got 4 points..... all pairs! Watched them all fly away. They are already paired up. Found them from the very top, in between and near the bottom. Lots of running water and green as far as you could see. Looks like a golf course out there!

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Tom,

You're a good man.....I'm so looking forward to next season.....Just one more time chasing those gray devils..... :2:

DOG ON POINT

Reaction score
My son asked me today, how come we don't hunt chular... told him because all you ever want to do is dit on your butt and shoot ducks :)