CDF report on Antelope.

Skeet

buck feaver
But no there going to blame the junipers god help us. Yes thinking the junipers will help but keep turning a blind eye to the bigger problem

nicapopolis

Ask Wyoming for some. Supplement the current herds and start new herds in long valley and the owens valley. Throw them in the Mojave while they are at it.

D12 Tracker

I have a CRAZY idea.... How bout we do another study. Phase 1: 90% reduction of large predators with a radius 20 miles outside of the pronghorn habitat. Phase 2: Want to make a bet what happens to all of the ungulate populations?

DOG ON POINT

I heard a couple of years ago they were talking about reintroducing them back into antelope valley. .. no joke intended.

nicapopolis

DOG ON POINT said:
I heard a couple of years ago they were talking about reintroducing them back into antelope valley. .. no joke intended.
The sad part is that I highly doubt reintroductions back into CA for any "game" species isn't going to happen anytime soon. Now, an endangered tree frog.... you betcha!

D12 Tracker

That reintroduction of the Sonoran pronghorn has been a project we (DWU) have been working with SCI, CFW, and USFW for several years now. Things are looking pretty good that it may just happen. One other part of that project might make Anza Borrego the new home for a peninsular pronghorn herd. All good things!