CBH regular membership

Ambush

Reaction score
Ive got some questions for the CBH'ers here. I have a CBH record book from my dad published back in 89 or so. Have the requirements for regular membership changed ie 4 spieces in 2 years with two CBH minimum animals turkeys and coyotes included? Ive got 2 above minimum mulies, several turkeys that would make it, one hog under minimum.

Can I finish with a coyote, are turkeys still big game?

Thanks for the help, reading my dad's old library really got me interested in joing the club and partisipating.

How many of you guys are regular members, I know some of you are studs and I :smiley-bowdown-purple:

Thanks for the help :beer-toast:

Attachments

• DSC00464_medium.JPG
    DSC00464_medium.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 14

coyote 1

Reaction score
Hey Ambush, the requirements for regular membership into the Big Game Club have not changed. 4 different species with at least 2 different species meeting the minimum requirements for the record book. If you are reading the little brown book with the forkie on the cover, I was the editor and it came out in'87. Any combination of the species can be used. If you have a mule deer and a turkey that make book, you can meet the membership qualifications with the hog and any of the other species you don't have.

The club recognizes 17 different species of animals with minimum scores. 4 of them are no longer hunted in Ca. (*) and 2 are species credit only (SC)

1. Black Bear 16
2. Mule Deer Typ- 90
Non-Typ- 100/5
3. Blacktail Deer Typ- 75
Non-Typ- 85/5
4. Pacific Hybrid Deer Typ- 80
Non-Typ- 90/5
5. Mainland Hog 23
6. Pronghorn Antelope 54
7. American Elk Typ- 120
Non-Typ- 134
8. Tule Elk Typ- 120
Non-Typ- 134
9. Roosevelts Elk Typ- 120
Non-Typ- 134
10. Turkey Typ- 7
Non-Typ- 7
11. Desert Bighorn Sheep All
12.Bobcat SC
13. Coyote SC
14. Catalina Island Spanish goat *
15. Santa Cruz Island Merino Sheep *
16. Island Hogs *
17. Cougar *

weekender21

Reaction score
FYI, in order to be measured, your turkey beards and spurs need to be attached by a strip of skin. I found that little tidbit out a few years ago after my most successful season in CA, a few months too late!

SDHNTR

Reaction score
QUOTE (weekender21 @ Jun 9 2011, 06:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324319
FYI, in order to be measured, your turkey beards and spurs need to be attached by a strip of skin. I found that little tidbit out a few years ago after my most successful season in CA, a few months too late!

You can still measure the beards, and if it's a good one it might still make book.

weekender21

Reaction score
What's the book minimum Nate? I have 7 or 8 nine-inch beards you haven't measured.

coyote 1

Reaction score
In my second post all of the minimums are listed. Minimum fot turkey is 7. JM

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Jerry beat me to it but if you've got 7" beards you might as well have them entered.

Ambush

Reaction score
Got a couple 9-9+ beards, do the spurs even count. Coyote I checked last night and the record book I have is from 83. Thanks for the help guys, I'll make a point to hunt blacktails this year and wont let any bears pass this year. I've missed about 4 coyotes so far so I'am due.

coyote 1

Reaction score
Hey Ambush. That is a rare book. We cannot get it any more. Handle it with care!!! It was written by Bill Krenz and that is the book that I studied when I first joined the club. If your interested in the latest edition of the record book, we have a few copies left. Let me know. Jerry

weekender21

Reaction score
QUOTE (Ambush @ Jun 10 2011, 12:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324412
Got a couple 9-9+ beards, do the spurs even count. Coyote I checked last night and the record book I have is from 83. Thanks for the help guys, I'll make a point to hunt blacktails this year and wont let any bears pass this year. I've missed about 4 coyotes so far so I'am due.

Yes, the spurs count...if they are still attached to the beard with a strip of skin. Either way you heard the guys 7" minimum, get them in there! Welcome to CBH, you'll love it.

Ambush

Reaction score
The book I have is in great shape, I keep it that way. It may be wierd but I like reading some of the old time record/guied books that I have gotten thru the years. Hunting and climbing history is cool.

coyote 1

Reaction score
Very cool Ambush. Get that fourth species entered and you will receive your regular membership at the next banquet in Jan 2013. I qualified with a 4-3 status. You must be a regular member for two years before you can qualify for a senior membership. You will also need 5 different species that meet the minimums for the book. The grand slam (Whitney-Hill Award category E) is nine species with 7 making book. Welcome aboard. It's Addicting!!!!

wakmasterr

Reaction score
QUOTE (coyote 1 @ Jun 13 2011, 08:37 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324719
Very cool Ambush. Get that fourth species entered and you will receive your regular membership at the next banquet in Jan 2013. I qualified with a 4-3 status. You must be a regular member for two years before you can qualify for a senior membership. You will also need 5 different species that meet the minimums for the book. The grand slam (Whitney-Hill Award category E) is nine species with 7 making book. Welcome aboard. It's Addicting!!!!

By the way... the sooner you start entering those animals the sooner you will get to see YOUR name and YOUR photo(s) in the record book. We put every possible quality photo and try to get as many different bowhunters as possible in each book so be sure to send in your BEST photos when you enter your trophies. The CBH Big Game Records have been kept since 1962 and create a huge history of what is you can expect to find when you hunt California!