California Chrome

ppine

Reaction score
One of the owners lives nearby. This is a big story because the elite and rich people in thoroughbred racing cannot stand situations like this. Dumb Ass Partners are not supposed to be able to compete with the rich. They were treated poorly in Kentucky, but much better in Maryland. It remains to be seen if Chrome can compete at a mile and a half after a couple of weeks rest.

I love the donkey on the back of the racing silks. Victor Espinosa grew up riding burros. I have two in my neighborhood that I like to hang out with. I used to ride mules. Long ears are underappreciated in American folklore.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
WHERES THE DUDE ON HERE THAT SAID HE COULD NOT DO IT AFTER THE KENTUCKY?? SWEET JESUS THAT HORSE IS THE REAL DEAL..NUFF SAID!!!!

WinMag1

I'm your Huckleberry!
Reaction score
Vancouver, WA by way of Southern California
We'll see how he handles the mile and a half at Belmont. Many have tried and many have failed to take all three. I'll be pulling for him for sure. Hell its been damn near 36 years!!

Git R done CC!!!

hatchet1

Reaction score
Regardless...that horse has done way more than most in its short history..FINISH! I'm all in....

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!
Reaction score
Crazy race yesterday lots of bumping at the beginning then a smooth finish........sure hope he can get it done in 3 weeks!

dylan

News Maker
Reaction score
hatchet1 said:
WHERES THE DUDE ON HERE THAT SAID HE COULD NOT DO IT AFTER THE KENTUCKY?? SWEET JESUS THAT HORSE IS THE REAL DEAL..NUFF SAID!!!!
Ya that was me. I did not post up in between races but from studying the race he was 100% the horse to beat. He ran a great race. 2 down 2 to go. But the Belmont Stakes is a whole new ball game. I really like a horse named Wicked Strong in the Belmont stakes. Sure would be nice to a have a triple crown winner but...Thats why its a great game, everyone has an opinion.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
Horse racing should be banned....... It is exploits the beautiful creature! They should be running free in the wild!!!!

hatchet1

Reaction score
Didn't chrome already smoke wicked strong in the kentucky? By like many lengths? I will however put w.s. in my trifecta....as for my 3rd pic...I got a sleeper...I'm all in at the belmount...that texas ranch is just a few races out!!

dylan

News Maker
Reaction score
Yes he beat him by 7 lengths or whatever but I'm pretty confident that he can make up those lengths. CC will hit a wall at furlong 11.

El Maton

Reaction score
Im with duckie.......... all horses should be running free and preferably no tags needed and no limit...kinda like hogs used to be!

My cash is on CC to pull it off.....i need to start saving for when hatch gets his farm going in Tejas!

ppine

Reaction score
There are around 40,000 wild horses in the western US. Nevada has more than any other state. I have em at my back fence which is BLM land. They over populate ranges and chase out the wildlife. I like to see em but it is not so great when black and bays run across the road at night in front of your truck. The mountain lions follow them around in the spring time feeding on the foals. Horses are a domesticated animal and wild ones are feral livestock. I have worked with them a lot. Mustangs make great riding horses, and they are preferred by the US Border Patrol.

Race horses get ridden too early. If they didn't start training until 3 yo, and raced as 4 yo the sport would be much better off.

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
There is apparently a chance that Chrome won't run the Belmont. Seems he uses a nasel strip and New York has a problem with that. At least one of the owners is saying if he has to run without it they won't enter him.

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score
ilovesprig said:
The nasal strip was just OK"d..................... :24:
From the link...

"Equine nasal strips do not enhance equine performance nor do they pose a risk to equine health or safety and as such do not need to be regulated.

DKScott

EWB
Reaction score
"do not enhance equine performance"? Right. They slap one on Chrome and he immediately goes on a 6 race win streak including the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness. I think you have to conclude they do enhance performance - at least in some horses. Otherwise why would they use them?

API

My Indian name is "Runs with Beer"
Reaction score
DKScott said:
Otherwise why would they use them?
Probably the pocket book prevailed. Can ya imagine the grumbling if Chrome did not race,