Bowhunter Education

Rmoor

Reaction score
What's your thoughts on having California go to requiring mandatory Bowhunter education?

Rmoor

TonyS

Reaction score
More money to those who want YOURS.

Ambush

Reaction score
Utah has a B.S. archery ethics course, 20 questions, just took it and passed. 2 questions about hunt boundaries and the rest common sense. At least that course allows you to extend your archery seasons and zones. What will Cali do for you?

Oh and it is not mandatory unless you want to the hunt the extended archery seasons and zones. Regular archery season its not necessary.

JNDEER

Reaction score
RMOOR - I can see it being a benefit to young persons or those new to archery hunting. if the structure of the class is done right, there are things that could help those starting into archery hunting, even if you already hunt with a rifle.

Ambush said:
Utah has a B.S. archery ethics course, 20 questions, just took it and passed. 2 questions about hunt boundaries and the rest common sense. At least that course allows you to extend your archery seasons and zones. What will Cali do for you?

Oh and it is not mandatory unless you want to the hunt the extended archery seasons and zones. Regular archery season its not necessary.

soo....what you plan on hunting in Utah?

Ambush

Reaction score
The only way I'd be for it is if they made you pass a accuracy test, thus eliminating half of the guys applying for tags. :smiley-ren:

JN, applied for a buck tag in a spike bull OTC area, so may pick up one of those too. Getting the time off work that time of the year is the tough part.

Rmoor

Reaction score
Benefit, could be increased Bowhunting opportunities.

Most class costs would be absorbed by PR monies, instructors are volunteers, small process fee similar to Hunter Ed.

The International Bowhunter Education Program would be used.

School of hard knocks could be softened by the experience of the instructors.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
I HATE ARCHERY HUNTING...WAY TO TUFF..AND CRUEL TO THE ANIMALS BEING PINWHEELED THRU THE HEART...THEY BLEED OUT WITHIN SECONDS..AND GO TO SLEEP..TERRIBLE..

BOHNTR

Reaction score
I would rather see it implemented in the hunter safety course that is already required. Additional requirements I am against.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
I don't buy "more opportunity"... not in this state. I'm with Roy on this one. Enough regulations already. Keep it optional... I hate to sound negative, but it is what it is... Ed F

El Maton

Reaction score
Just get out and hunt.......you pass your hunter education and the rest should be common sense but unfortunately its not that simple. Best way to learn anything is to get out and do it of course it helps if you have someone to mentor you.

BTW is it hunting season yet? Im ready to hunt! Im out of bear meat!

goindeep

Reaction score
Just add it into the already required hunters safety class, simple as that.

BOHNTR

Reaction score
Answered.......still no change.