· 2 C. Flour
· 4 t. Baking Powder
· ½ t. Cream of Tartar
· ½ t. Salt
· 2 T. Sugar
· ½ C. Butter
· 1 Egg
· 2/3 C. Milk

Sift in dry ingredients & cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Poor milk in slowly. Add Egg & stir well. Knead 5 times.

Roll out on floured surface at ½” thick (+/-) and cut with floured cutter.

Bake at 450* for 10-15min

nicapopolis

Zach said:
“Melt in Your Mouth Biscuits”
· 2 C. Flour
· 4 t. Baking Powder
· ½ t. Cream of Tartar
· ½ t. Salt
· 2 T. Sugar
· ½ C. Butter
· 1 Egg
· 2/3 C. Milk

Sift in dry ingredients & cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Poor milk in slowly. Add Egg & stir well. Knead 5 times.

Doing them this weekend with some antelope sausage gravy.

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
nicapopolis said:
· 2 C. Flour
· 4 t. Baking Powder
· ½ t. Cream of Tartar
· ½ t. Salt
· 2 T. Sugar
· ½ C. Butter
· 1 Egg
· 2/3 C. Milk

Doing them this weekend with some antelope sausage gravy.
I just pulled out some venison Italian sausage...

2rocky

For more fun, buy a couple bags of White Lily Flour when you visit the south , and stick them in your carry on luggage. You will get plenty of attention from TSA....

"Whereas conventional all-purpose flour contains a protein content of 12 percent, White Lily flour boasts a modest 9 percent, making it more similar to pastry flour than actual all-purpose. As White Lily flour hydrates, the gluten development will never reach the full potential of brands like Gold Medal or King Arthur. The result is a lighter, fluffier biscuit with a greater rise. Fundamentally, there is little to no difference in buying White Lily’s self-rising flour and adding additional salt and baking powder to White Lily’s all-purpose flour. Although if you favor more consistency in the blend, go for the self-rising.
....You can make your own White Lily facsimile by replacing half of your conventional all-purpose or self-rising flour with cake flour. Cake flour has a 6-percent protein content, which, when mixed in equal proportions with 12 percent all-purpose flour yields a total of 9-percent protein. In the immortal words of Thomas Dolby, “Science!”

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
2rocky said:
For more fun, buy a couple bags of White Lily Flour when you visit the south , and stick them in your carry on luggage. You will get plenty of attention from TSA....

"Whereas conventional all-purpose flour contains a protein content of 12 percent, White Lily flour boasts a modest 9 percent, making it more similar to pastry flour than actual all-purpose. As White Lily flour hydrates, the gluten development will never reach the full potential of brands like Gold Medal or King Arthur. The result is a lighter, fluffier biscuit with a greater rise. Fundamentally, there is little to no difference in buying White Lily’s self-rising flour and adding additional salt and baking powder to White Lily’s all-purpose flour. Although if you favor more consistency in the blend, go for the self-rising.
....You can make your own White Lily facsimile by replacing half of your conventional all-purpose or self-rising flour with cake flour. Cake flour has a 6-percent protein content, which, when mixed in equal proportions with 12 percent all-purpose flour yields a total of 9-percent protein. In the immortal words of Thomas Dolby, “Science!”
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_14?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=white+lily+flour&sprefix=white+lilly+fl%2Caps%2C192&crid=2ZLJYRSZY0XBB

No need to get the TSA to check for powder elsewhere with Amazon!

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
Zach said:
· 2 C. Flour
· 4 t. Baking Powder
· ½ t. Cream of Tartar
· ½ t. Salt
· 2 T. Sugar
· ½ C. Butter
· 1 Egg
· 2/3 C. Milk

Made these yesterday. You, sir, are a great American. :smiley-usa-flag-raise:

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
It's the gift that keeps on giving.

You guys aren't getting Gramma Jane's baked beans recipe though...

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
Zach said:
This is cool,now I would like a hog gravey reciepe.Please
Lemme check with the MO relatives...
I never paid enough attention when my grandma made squirrel or rabbit or whatever gravy and regret that immensely. I either nail the amount of flour or I mess it up so bad I wonder if it is even worth going on...

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
bearclaw said:
This is cool,now I would like a hog gravey reciepe.Please
Lemme check with the MO relatives...
I never paid enough attention when my grandma made squirrel or rabbit or whatever gravy and regret that immensely. I either nail the amount of flour or I mess it up so bad I wonder if it is even worth going on...

You gotta start slow with the flour and add a little bit at a time until you get a roux, then you can start adding the whole milk.