Bino harness......what ya using

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!
Reaction score
My nimrod straps are worn out so I'm looking around. I don't want a covered case strapped to my chest that's for the truck.

Only thing I don't like about the nimrod is the ride up my back or If I tighten in down then it's a PITA to lift up to my eye balls

JNDEER

Reaction score
I like to have my bino at the ready-always. I do a lot of still hunting and the last thing I want to do is flip a flap back and forth then pull out a bino from a sleeve. So I just use the crooked horn system and replace it every year because the elastic gets stretched.

In the winter hunting in bad weather I do have a kuiu harness that works well protecting the binos.

BigWave

Reaction score
I've tried most Mark. REALLY liking my latest. Take a good look at Marsupial Gear. The magnet closure for the top flap works very good, and made right across the street by friends in Phoenix! :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

https://www.marsupialgear.com/

hank4elk

Reaction score
I was looking at replacing my CH with a FHF,but $180 for a pack on my chest? My 1st CH strap is still good & on back up binos .20 yrs old & still stretchy.
I wear a fleece vest usually during hunting season & just tuck my bins in it to keep from flopping & stretching the CH.I also have a cover for them in bad weather. I like the idea of the pocket for range finder,etc but I have one on my waist belt of my pack I am carrying.
As BC said I like them right there without a lot of hand movement to get them up.
Same thing with my rifle. I use a Safari sling & my rifle is always right there without wasted movement.My hands are free to glass too.

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!
Reaction score
I don't want a pouch for the binos.

Modoc

Reaction score
I'm using the ultralight bino harness from Rick Young Outdoors http://rickyoungoutdoors.com/bino-harness/

Not a bad price, comfortable, and simple. You can find them at Sportsman's Warehouse, although we got ours from the manufacturer. I've picked up the attachment clips to be able to swap the harness between camera and binoculars. I've had no problem using this harness with a Nikon D80 and an 80-300 lens.

ofdscooby

Reaction score
I use the crooked horn bino case its awesome I don't use the range finder holder though that goes in the waist belt pouch

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
I like to use my binos... If I needed protection for them I'd keep them in a safe at home. Crooked horn straps... Ed F

TheGDog

Reaction score
I have a Bushnell Bino harness I bought off Amazon. In the back the straps connect to a Trapezoid shape of mesh and perforated (thin suede) leather. That part helps to support the weight across a broad area back there. And it's REAL nice when I run with the smaller 8x28's, you don't even feel those smaller ones on you.

It's pretty darn good at letting the heat get out. My skin is real sensitive to stitching or bumps/protrusions on gear, and I don't have a problem with that harness rubbing me or making me raw.

SIDE NOTE:
A lot of time I'll actually just use the 10x42 Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Monocular. It has a nice strong clip on it.

Usually just clip it onto cross-chest strap. Or if my pack is off, clip it to my waist belt. The image clarity of that thing is damn impressive. The 8x28 Vortex DB's too. But for some reason, I don't like the image in the 10x42 Vortex DB's. It's ever so slightly less sharp than the 8x28's from them. Don't know why.

And that Mono is threaded for Tripod underneath too. In fact... it's clarity is what led me to giving away to a sibling a Redfield Rampage spotter I originally had purchased. Even though the Redfield's magnification was significantly greater, at distance I could see things much more clearly in that Bushnell Ultra Legend HD. And... you can operate it with one-hand when you need to no problem.

outdoorplay

Founder
Reaction score
ofdscooby said:
I use the crooked horn bino case its awesome I don't use the range finder holder though that goes in the waist belt pouch
x2

D12 Tracker

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed the Kuiu bino harness. Admittedly the quick draw isn't quite as fast as my previous crooked horn system. Although the security and comfort of the Kuiu system is a trade-off I've learned to live with. Especially during a low crawl or the unfortunate unplanned rapid downhill decent. Having those high dollar binos riding snug on my chest and not bouncing all over makes me feel a little better.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
D12 Tracker said:
I have really enjoyed the Kuiu bino harness. Admittedly the quick draw isn't quite as fast as my previous crooked horn system. Although the security and comfort of the Kuiu system is a trade-off I've learned to live with. Especially during a low crawl or the unfortunate unplanned rapid downhill decent. Having those high dollar binos riding snug on my chest and not bouncing all over makes me feel a little better.
Do you have any photos of the mentioned downhill descents?