Best Xmas Gift

shadowlawnskysthelimit

Reaction score
Ever !!

Friday, Dec. 23rd our son is coming home for Christmas; since he is serving our country, we have missed the last 3 Xmas's together. Last year he was deployed to South Korea, the 2 before that he was in the Middle East.

So you might be thinking "that is the Best Xmas gift" !! Its not . The best gift coming is my son with our new daughter-in-law. In fact we just met her about 10 minutes ago via Skype, lol !!! The boy has always walked to his own drummer, lol !!

The boy left last Saturday back to S. Korea to bring home his new bride; they will be back in the states on Friday morning and flying here the Friday before Christmas. The couple met while he was deployed there. She is, at least until April, an Interpreter for the Ministry of Defense, she speaks 4 languages fluently. She was born and raised in S.K; spent 4 years in the UK going to college. Cutest damm thing is she speaks English with a Brit accent, lol !

I am beside myself to meet my new daughter in law; I was beginning to think that our son may never get married and settle down. Being in the military doing what he does isnt too conducive to marriage. We were told of this relationship just 2 months ago or so. At first there are alot of questions and concerns that run thru your head when given this type of news. But the more I have learned about her and our meeting a few minutes ago have squashed any concerns.

Now we are ready to hug her and make her part of our family !!!!!!! Yep best Christmas gift I have ever received !!!! HO HO HO !!!!

nicapopolis

Reaction score
That sounds plain awesome. Your happiness is bleeding through this post.

Cazador Suerte

Lucky Hunter
Reaction score
Congratulations, and give that boy a big thank you for his service to our great country!

Merry Christmas indeed.....what its all about eh?

Family.

One Track

Reaction score
Wow. You are definitely full of joy right now. That's what Christmas all about. Congrats to your boy, and your new DIL. Merry Christmas and a big Thanks to your boy for his service.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Kevin..........That is great news and God bless him.......... :smiley_10sign:

outdoorplay

Founder
Reaction score
very cool, congratulations on the new daughter in-law,

I know what you mean on missing them over Christmas, Miss my Emily like crazy

[email protected]

Reaction score
Cazador Suerte said:
Congratulations, and give that boy a big thank you for his service to our great country!

Merry Christmas indeed.....what its all about eh?

Family.
Ditto