Best way to dry waders

STEVE IN SOCAL

I took a header in my boot foot breatheables while jump shooting in the OV last week. Boots are still damp..any ideas? I have a ressie for SJ wed and don't need damp feet.

HCPHARM

QUOTE (STEVE IN SOCAL @ Nov 1 2010, 02:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=292151
I took a header in my boot foot breatheables while jump shooting in the OV last week. Boots are still damp..any ideas? I have a ressie for SJ wed and don't need damp feet.

Prop them open with a wood stick, and set them on the floor in front of your refrigerator. You should be good to go by wed.

STEVE IN SOCAL

After being gone on an 8 day trip, putting my waders in front of the fridge may put my wife over the edge.
Tried a hair drier, but I'm afraid of ruining the wafers with excessive heat. I've got them out in the driveway in full sun, hopefully this mild santa ana will dry them out.

John...I guess I need more waterfowl gear...it never ends. Maybe not falling will be cheaper, but we all know how that goes. BTW, I had everyone keep an eye out for your Leatherman last week, but it still hasn't turned up.

RTIN

Gonna be warm tomorrow. So turn them inside-out so the opening of the boot is exposed and set them in direct sunlight for the day. :2:

jakeden1

I tried this trick after flooding out some hip waders last year.

Get some newspaper wad it up, and shove it into the boots. Pull the paper out and replace it with fresh paper several times a day. The newspaper will soak up a ton of moisture. I used a stack of san diego Readers to dry my hip waders out.

hope this helps.

STEVE IN SOCAL

The boot part is the part that's wet. I can't turn them inside out. I may dry them out as much as possible with paper towels in the morning, and hope one more day of santa anas do the trick.

HCPHARM

QUOTE (STEVE IN SOCAL @ Nov 1 2010, 08:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=292241
The boot part is the part that's wet. I can't turn them inside out. I may dry them out as much as possible with paper towels in the morning, and hope one more day of santa anas do the trick.

This weeks weather is of much help (Santa Ana's w/90+ degrees) tells me to leave them out in the sun. The refrigerator/ inside out wadder suggestion is the best I've found during inclement weather.

Have a great shoot on Wed! :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

jakeden1

QUOTE (STEVE IN SOCAL @ Nov 1 2010, 08:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=292241

Newspaper really works. You'd be surprised how much moisture it will absorb, and it's much cheaper than papertowels. :two-cents: (again)

GoNad

Fold the waders down all the way to the boot so the boot opening is exposed, if that doesn't work make sure you soak your socks in turpentine so the ants don't bite you in your candy a$$ Wednesday morning. I kidd because I care :2:

duck-boy

QUOTE (I'dRatherBeHuntin' @ Nov 1 2010, 04:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=292183
I tried this trick after flooding out some hip waders last year.

Get some newspaper wad it up, and shove it into the boots. Pull the paper out and replace it with fresh paper several times a day. The newspaper will soak up a ton of moisture. I used a stack of san diego Readers to dry my hip waders out.

hope this helps.

Put the newspaper in! Lots and pack it down. Change it when damp and you should be good to go.