Best season ever!!!

Hunter_r925

So the 2017-2018 season was a slow start on opener it was lights out after that not so much. From October to late November it was slow didn’t get out much but when I did I shot a few on those hunts! As the season went on i started to get out more often and when I mean more often like almost every Weekend and some Wednesday’s!! Once December came around it was game on I had the mindset to Work hard and stay determined to have good hunts even though the season was slow for most. I picked to hunt wister for most of the season to learn how to hunt the refuge also which blind to take when it was my turn to pick I paid close attention to the key things that made my hunts successful and applied them to my other trips in the field I hunted a couple other refuges as well like kern and sj also with awesome hunts that will be forever in memory. I hunted a total of 32 times with a take of 117 waterfowl and averageing 3.65 birds per hunt!!!! I could tell a story of every hunt but that would take awhile so I’ll say my favorite one this season took place at San jac with my buddy Brandon and his girlfriend Robbin who took me hunting a few times this season due to my dad not being able to hunt because of foot surgery but getting to the hunt we were on our way down Davis rd looking at the temperature gauge saying 32 degrees yes that’s right 32 degrees!! We get up to check station we had a low ressi so we got our blind quick slept for a little in the car then we set out to have an awesome day as shooting time was apon us two canvas backs drop right into the decoys horn sounds they get up and bam I shot my first Can as the day progressed we shot some spoonies then a ring neck and a red head but as 11:00 was rolling around a flock of maybe 12 widgeon drop right in the hole slam I shot a double so did Brandon it was so epic we shot a teal and a couple more spoons to add to the strap the birds stopped flying so we left around 12:30 the main reason why I loved this hunt was because I got to spend it with great friends and here stories from Brandon about being in the military. I met so many awesome people this season had many laughs and learned more than my brain can handle haha! Well this concludes my 2017-2018 season and already looking forward to next season!

Attachments

7DUX

Great pictures! I wish I had started taking a lot of pics at your age. Pre camera phones, it always seemed like a hassle to me and I regret it now.
In the pic with you in the tules I think you might be looking the wrong way lol.

7DUX

I love the title of this post also. I almost labeled mine "Worst Season Ever". All a matter of perspective and attitude.

Hunter_r925

Mud Pigeon said:
I love the title of this post also. I almost labeled mine "Worst Season Ever". All a matter of perspective and attitude.
True that I was getting discouraged on how slow the first couple hunts were.. then I had a smei good hunt birds wise it’s always a good time in the blind with friends and my pops! So I told my self after that hunt I’m going to work hard and have a positive attitude and not get down on my self when I wasn’t gettin birds and to learn from my mistakes.

RTIN

Word to the wise wise Hunter!
Stay off the interweb and when things are thin...go solo!
You will not only learn more but enjoy the time learning!

ilovesprig

Hunter,

Great pix and write up......Thanks for sharing...... :smiley_10sign:

Great meeting you this season.....You're a fine young man and your dad has raised you right.

Hunter_r925

ilovesprig said:
Hunter,

Great pix and write up......Thanks for sharing...... :smiley_10sign:

Great meeting you this season.....You're a fine young man and your dad has raised you right.
Thank you much appreciated and it was great meeting you aswell

RTIN

Go to bed Hatch!
Until you join us at Wister camp with the fruits of your labor for dinner, you are out!
I would gladly host just to say I did!