Best California Archery only Deer tag for 2019?

2rocky

My application strategy this year is to shoot for the moon...Draw odds be damned...

If you took points out of the equation as well as draw odds and figured everyone had equal opportunity to draw every tag...

What Archery tag would you pick to apply for and why? I'm talking both buck size, opportunity and enjoyable place to hunt.

I know Hatchet would always pick A zone in 100+ degree temps for trophy forkys, so let's eliminate that.

2rocky

Why not the A26 Bass Hill?

I also noticed they only issued 7 of the 10 in 2017 in A27....wonder what that was about?

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
JNDEER said:
A30.
All I want for Christmas is a monster blacktail buck!
Speaking of A30, if anyone finds any arrows with pink fletchings, DM me as I lost a few there. I'm a big fan of late season blacktail hunts.

'Ike'

Road Trip!
You have to remember that Bass Hill and Devils Garden need some weather, depending on the year....That being said, I'm with Ed!

2rocky

BOHNTR said:
Either Bass Hill or Devils Garden, IMO.

I was hoping there would be an expansion on the minutiae of the difference of the experience in either since I have the same chance as a fart in the wind of drawing either.

BOWUNTR

You asked for one... all the guys who gave two can't make a decision. Devils garden has bigger bucks and less tags... saying that, I've no personal experience. Bass hill is a sh!t show... Ed F

2rocky

BOWUNTR said:
You asked for one... all the guys who gave two can't make a decision. Devils garden has bigger bucks and less tags... saying that, I've no personal experience. Bass hill is a sh!t show... Ed F
That is Good to know....

Mrfish

Not saying they aren't there, I've never seen any truly big bucks come off that bass hill hunt like you do some of the other hunts in the state like devils garden, goodale or some of the other late season hunts.

BOHNTR

I spent the last 15 years.....every rut cycle, on the Goodale unit. I would highly consider a different unit.......it has been years since I've seen/photo'd a buck above 165" there. Now I'm talking a REAL 1165"er and not an internet 180". My hunting partner and I saw a giant NT buck pushing 200" in Bass Hill right after a snow dump two years ago.

JNDEER

200" in CA is like seeing big foot. You got a pic of that monster? If you don't want to post on the internet feel free to text it if you do.