baiting the yotes

c.tague

Reaction score
so a friend has done this in another state, they've gound up a bunch of fish and put it into an empty milk jug then froze it. once frozen they punched a bunch of holes in the bottom and hung it from a tree, just out of the reach of the yotes but close enough for them to stick around waiting for a couple drops to fall. once there were about 10-12 gathered around, a few guys just start unloading with their ranch rifles and see how many drop, sounds fun to me....
my only question is the shooting times here in cali,i know we can bait them but do the shooting times apply to varmint too? i know i'm being lazy, read the stinking regs..... just want to throw it out there, see what you all think.

pitdog

Old, bald and grumpy
Reaction score
Some of the best stands I have hunted were at night with a spotlight. Just stay out of all deer hunting zones during the season and you're good unless that changed recently.

DirtyDave

Reaction score
Depends on your location, that is your first step to figuring out the rules. There are different rules for different parts of the state. Different size lights allowed. No night shooting in certain counties. No spotlighting if General Deer Season is open. Lots of stuff to know.

crab

Reaction score
baiting would be a no-no if I recall

Reaction score
In OR, coyote are not game animals so there are no game laws that apply. Spot lights, machine guns, baiting, no shooting hours, no licence, no stamp, no limits, no problem.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Lookin' good Clyde..................... :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

DMax

Reaction score
Clyde is that a tounge hanging out or are you missing a dick