Badlands Binoc holders

paulc

Reaction score
I bought the new badland binoc holders recently. Have used them quite a bit, but cant decide if I like them. There are good things about them and things I dont like.

Pros, do not need the covers on binoc lenses.
Keeps them clean and dry
there is a hook on front to hold your bow when you glass. This is one of my favorite things about them. I always hated trying to glass holding my bow, laying it on the ground. I use my binocs a lot and the bow gets in the way.
has a pouch on back to hold 33 oz water bladder and place for a couple of items inthe pouch

Cons
Its like carrying a small parachute
in the way if you sit a blind. Only good for spot and stalk style hunting.
Binocs get cold and tend to fog in cold weather. Normally I use my bino buddies under my shirt and keeps my binocs warm which keeps them from fogging.

Anyone else try them yet.

I have not given up on them, but, cant make up my mind.

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
Paul, i've got'em and use them about 20% of the time. For wet weather, they're great, or when riding horses in on a hunt. But for basic spot/stalk elk or deer hunting, they're not my favorite.

ofdscooby

Reaction score
Paul I was going to buy these as a package with their 2200 pack because the website said that the bino holder would secure to the pack so you wouldn't have to wear them seperate but the way it secures is lame so I bought the Horn Hunter cover and I like it alot.

paulc

Reaction score
AS you may have nailed it. I just hate switching back and forth.

Right now I am just trying to like them. :16:

They may be handy for just day hikes if I buy a bladder for the back. Holds a sandwich nice. :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

paulc

Reaction score
QUOTE (ofdscooby @ Jan 25 2010, 08:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=246813
Paul I was going to buy these as a package with their 2200 pack because the website said that the bino holder would secure to the pack so you wouldn't have to wear them seperate but the way it secures is lame so I bought the Horn Hunter cover and I like it alot.

Have not checked out he horn hunter cover. May try it for my son.

HOGHUNTER714

Reaction score
A buddy of mine owns em and he LOVES em....He says its one of the best products he has bought in a long time...

One Track

Reaction score
Paul,

Go with the Horn Hunter and a bow hook on your belt or on your backpack waste belt. The bow hook is awesome when you stop to glass. Even when you are hiking, you can hang the bow on your hook and steady it with a hand while you walk. Just give you a break from carrying a heavy bow ten miles up hill.

paulc

Reaction score
Guys, I have googled horn hunter binoc holders and I cannot find anything. I can find horn hunter packs, but, I cannot find the binoc holders.

Does anyone have a link or a good place to buy them cheap.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Another one to look at is made by "Innovative Designs Inc" or something like that. I was introduced to it a few weeks ago and want to find one. Kind of a mix between the Badlands and Crooked Horn. I can find squat on the internet about it and my friend says they are hard to find. I might have the name wrong. Anyone hear of what I'm talking about? Thanks Ed F

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
Ed, is it an entire cover over the bino's? I have one made of neoprene that's pretty sweet.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
No it's just half a cover and is real quick to take your bonos out to use. It keeps your bino's tight to your chest when the cover is on and it is suppported by your shoulders rather than your neck. It was cool. A must have for me. Ed F

paulc

Reaction score
I cant find the horn hunters or crooked horns. Innovative designs I have not tried yet.

I am pretty sure I do not like the badlands.

One big issue is on cold mornings they fog up bad because they are not staying warm against your chest. They are isolated.

One good thing about the bino buddies is that I wear them under a layer (normally a button shirt) and they stay warm enough to keep from fogging.

One Track

Reaction score
Paul:

Our local bowshop has the front pouch type. I don't recall the brand.

Do you want me to send you one to check out?

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Hey OT. If it's the one made by "Innovative..." in camo, I'll take one. Ed F

youngr24

Reaction score
QUOTE (BOWUNTR @ Feb 15 2010, 05:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=251148
Another one to look at is made by "Innovative Designs Inc" or something like that. I was introduced to it a few weeks ago and want to find one. Kind of a mix between the Badlands and Crooked Horn. I can find squat on the internet about it and my friend says they are hard to find. I might have the name wrong. Anyone hear of what I'm talking about? Thanks Ed F

BOWUNTR, check this place, there online store is down but i think i saw what your talking about.

http://www.istdesigns.com/

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Nope, That's not it. Their's is more of a pouch. The one I'm talking about is a cover (1/2 pouch). Thanks though. Ed F

paulc

Reaction score
QUOTE (One Track @ Feb 16 2010, 02:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=251279
Paul:

Our local bowshop has the front pouch type. I don't recall the brand.

Do you want me to send you one to check out?

No Brent, hate for you to go to that trouble. Maybe a link or a picture.

I have googled every combination I can think of. Horn hunter binocular etc...

Not coming up with anything.

I may go back to bino buddies, but, I am really hard on binocs and would like to protect them a little more.

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
Ed, is it this one:
bino_pack_002_small.jpg

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
Nope. That's another pouch type. This one just has the outside cover. When it is on the binos it looks like a pouch and then it flips off, fast and easy. It has neopreme shoulder straps and an elastic chest strap and connects on the back like the Crooked Horn. I'm digging. I'll find it and we all will be happy! Thanks for your help and Paul, sorry to jack your post. Ed F