Arrow lube

7DUX

Reaction score
The lube tube is dry and I won't be able to get into an archery shop for a couple days. Besides easier arrow removal it seems to do less damage to 3D targets. What can I use in it's place that won't have a negative effect on the carbon arrow or target? Cooking oil? WD40? Silicon garage door spray? Amsoil 0/30w??

popx5

Reaction score
Rub arrow shaft with a bar of soap. Works for me.

GUNDOGLOVER

Reaction score
Man, I can't wait to hear some of the answers from this group of clowns.

7DUX

Reaction score
BOWUNTR said:
Gdog will hit this one outta the park... Ed F
I was channeling his spirit a little bit in my question. I should mention I am north of the equator also.

2rocky

Reaction score
Did someone say LUBE?

12498_L_vvs_000.jpg

In all seriousness though , I think arrow lube is 100% silicone like what is used on a Treadmill belt.

If it is more convenient, and you are going there anyway, you can get a travel size Uberlube at your local "Sensuality" Shop.

UberLube_Silicone_Lubricant_Refills_2__34333.1395366938.386.513.jpg

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
My girlfriend doesn't like that stuff... I still have about a half gallon leftover if anyone wants it... Ed F

2rocky

Reaction score
BOWUNTR said:
My girlfriend doesn't like that stuff... I still have about a half gallon leftover if anyone wants it... Ed F
Don't think it was the product but the delivery method....

TheGDog

Reaction score
Nope... Sorry Ed. People lubing arrows is news to me. Maybe use Silicon based JO?

Where do they actually apply the lube onto? The entire shaft to facilitate easier arrow removel? Onto the arrow heads as well?

Thinking about it, sure seems like it'd have a small potential to possibly be unsafe though. Ya know? I mean... what could go wrong with making an essentially multi-bladed scalpel be slippery and hard to hold onto, right? (Eek!)

Definitely gonna watch this thread as I've got some new ones to get cut to length here pretty soon. Maybe need to lube'em up real good. I'd just been relying on a rubber gripped arrow puller to help me yank the arrows outta my targets. Imagine my surprise at learning about all this lubricating business! Makes me wonder what other kinds of operations I'm goin' at raw that others are lubin' up for? (HA!)

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
G dog some use lube some don't. I find that with my old reliable that doesn't shoot as fast as some of those newer ones I have no problem with arrow removal. Now I've been on 3d courses where guys are shooting some fast arrows and ya there a biatch to get out

7DUX

Reaction score
TheGDog said:
Nope... Sorry Ed. People lubing arrows is news to me. Maybe use Silicon based JO?

Where do they actually apply the lube onto? The entire shaft to facilitate easier arrow removel? Onto the arrow heads as well?

Thinking about it, sure seems like it'd have a small potential to possibly be unsafe though. Ya know? I mean... what could go wrong with making an essentially multi-bladed scalpel be slippery and hard to hold onto, right? (Eek!)

Definitely gonna watch this thread as I've got some new ones to get cut to length here pretty soon. Maybe need to lube'em up real good. I'd just been relying on a rubber gripped arrow puller to help me yank the arrows outta my targets. Imagine my surprise at learning about all this lubricating business! Makes me wonder what other kinds of operations I'm goin' at raw that others are lubin' up for? (HA!)
Haven't used it on a broadhead. I have a deal on my hip quiver call a lube tube. You stick the arrow in and pull it out. It lubes the field point and maybe 2" inches of the shaft. Makes the arrow about 4X easier to remove. Never owned a puller.

TheGDog

Reaction score
Hmmph... I'm intrigued now because I only just recently got the rubber arrow puller thing. I got it because... yanking those suckers out has been hurting the BLEEP outta my hands sometimes... like when they pierce thru the flap of used conveyor belt they have laying over the backside of the hay-bales.

Doesn't so much happen with 40-55yd shots... but anything under and the darn things hit so dang hard they pierce that flap and are a sonuva B to pull out!