Archery Opener

Modoc

Good Luck! I’ll be looking forward to seeing what you have when I get back from Boy Scout Camp by Fort Brag. Haven’t even thought about “B” zone much yet.

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
My kinda buck right there!..blogging in A zone ..priceless..keep up the good work and just aim for the big area on thier side..them A zone bucks are vaginas..

JNDEER

Leaving my glassing spot I stand up to see a grey fox 5 yards lookin at me through the brush. Took some pics but the shadows made it not turn out.

I was on the buck for probably 15 minutes when he stood up. As he was moving his head to get his antlers untangle from the branch I side step to my right thinking he was looking away and he wasn’t. Had me pegged and after two minutes I knew I was going to loose so I drew and attempted the shot. If the grass didn’t fully get my arrow it was my bow arm giving out after holding the bow for the stand down.

Hiked back up the mountain to get the rest of my cams and jumped a small forky. If I didn’t have bad luck I wouldn’t have any at all. I shoot thinking there is a big opening in the tree only to hit a limb and send my arrow smashing into a rock above the deer. I “chased” him for a good 1/2 mile- to no avail.

JNDEER

Well. Just got word my cuz is backing out from coming up tomorrow.

All the cams show the same bachelor group and one single forky, of which I have now shot at both and ran them off of the mountain. At this point I am going to call it. Truth is I just don’t have it in me (more physically then mentally) to pack up and go back in another 2+ miles to an area that looks ok on a map and I have never been to. Going to do a day hunt next week and see if I can turn anything up.

hatchet1

A zone archery opener..did about 30 of them..cant say i miss it too much..but chasing coues deer in 112+ temps in august is a close second!! Least you got out there dude..strong work and blogging.

hatchet1

His brother is gonna get throat patched august 10th about 7am from a teenager with a 257wbymag..