Archery Only Tags?

DOG ON POINT

One of my deer tags this year I was going to buy an AO but wasn't sure exactly how it works. There are 3 types of AO zones?
thanks...

2rocky

With an AO tag you may hunt any NON Draw zone in CA. A , B, and Some D zones.

You may hunt with that tag during the regular Archery Season or with archery equipment during the rifle (general) season.

There are specific archery tags for each of the individual X zones and C zones
download the PDF here:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/publications/digest/

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
Seems mine don't work as I have them after the season ends...

But yes to what 2rocky said.

SCREWLOOSE

QUOTE (bearclaw @ May 3 2011, 08:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319580
Seems mine don't work as I have them after the season ends...

+1, Tag soup of a different flavor!

Extends your hunting season and expands the area/terrain you can hunt.

First zone to open is the A zone which is in just a few weeks.

DOG ON POINT

sorry for the questions... In the fish and game book it was showing either sex hunts? sorry I don't have it in front of me, but what is that all about?

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
The either sex tags are specific tags for specific zones and dates. Some sell out before the draw, but most can be picked up any time. A22 is the either sex tag for San Diego county (D16). It has different dates than D16 (it is a split season) and is of course archery only.

Most I know of are that way, are a date specific archery only option for bowhunters and are either sex.

AO is like having a "wild card", it is valid statewide in general zones during archery and general seasons for bowhunting. Pretty much hunt July till October on the AO. Throw in a late season either sex tag and you can hunt July till end of December.

DOG ON POINT

thanks Bearclaw... I doubt I would get anything, but that is pretty cool to be in the field that long with the possibility of getting something...

bearclaw

Three Bladed Penetrator
Three years ago I hunted two B zones, A zone, and three D zones on my AO. I didn't kill anything but gas, time, and boot leather but hunted like a mofo...

Good luck.

FredtheGad

Fredthegad
AO is like having a "wild card", it is valid statewide in general zones during archery and general seasons for bowhunting. Pretty much hunt July till October on the AO. Throw in a late season either sex tag and you can hunt July till end of December.

What bearclaw said :2: