App that identifies mountains, etc?

madhunter

Reaction score
I have seen the app for iphones and ipads that can identify stars in the sky. Has anyone ever heard of one that can identify mountains in the distance?

Thanks for the help.

ilovesprig

Reaction score
No........But I was scouting with Jacob yesterday and he got a new app that tells you who every landowner is including, Indian, NF, and BLM.......Amazing stuff........I hope they make one for Canada......... :smiley-wnk-yellow:

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
ilovesprig said:
No........But I was scouting with Jacob yesterday and he got a new app that tells you who every landowner is including, Indian, NF, and BLM.......Amazing stuff........I hope they make one for Canada......... :smiley-wnk-yellow:
What's the name stevo

ilovesprig

Reaction score
How would I know, Richie............I have a flip phone............ :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

ps.......ONX Maps

montana13

Reaction score
If they don't already, they will soon. A lot of honey holes will no longer be honey holes.

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
ilovesprig said:
How would I know, Richie............I have a flip phone............ :smiley-thumbs-up-aqua:

ps.......ONX Maps

When are you going to pony up and get an iPad! (at your age you need the biggest screen possible) ;)

madhunter

Reaction score
Thanks Fowl Play, that looks like it may do the trick. We are building a new home in the country and I would like to be able to identify what I am looking at. Kaiser Peak/Wilderness is pretty easy and I could make out Redinger Dome(Big Creek) on Sunday. That app would be great if it could use the camera and then overlay the names on top of the image on the screen. Thanks guys.

hank4elk

Reaction score
Mad,
some peaks names show up on onxmaps.
Same as topos. My county is only one in NM that doesn't list owners names on it....we're a bit behind the times. But boundaries are there. I get that info from other maps & county clerk.

Don't know how many days I sat at Whitebark and tried to name the main peaks and which ones I have been on. Same sitting on Black Butte above the old cabin.

sloth1833

Reaction score
OnXMaps just had a job opening for what I do. I just about applied and I would have if they weren't based in Missoula, and if my son was almost out of school for the year. Bad time of year to move with kids. There product is awesome and some reviews say that it's a great place to work. And the best part is that it is from the USA and and the jobs stay in the US.

outdoorplay

Founder
Reaction score
word to the wise do not download your maps, unless you want everyone to know your trails in and out other info.