Antelope blog 2015

2rocky

Well you have the makings of a great Eastmans story. Now all you have to do is shoot the damn goat!

Ambush

goindeep said:
Off to great start already. Got rained on, drunk spotlighters coming thru at two in the morning, and a guy already set up on the spring I was going to hunt....
Damn, hope he misses! Must of been the blogging giving your spot away.

goindeep

I ran into him before the season, he said he was going to hunt it when he had time. He just hunted the morning. His blind is still up so I guess he didn't get one. I'm sitting in his blind now :)

goindeep

I tried stalking two bucks this morning, one gave me the slip, the other was bedded out in the wide open behind one bush. I only made it to 230 yards when he stood up. I hit the ground and he come walking right to me. He got to 30 yards and there wasn't much I could laying flat on my back in the open grass.

goindeep

I'm thinking about switching to a different area next weekend. I know of a spot that has a bunch of goat but it's a hour and a half quad ride to get in to it. If I can get a quad I'm gonna do it.

goindeep

Alright.....back to blogging!! Back up here for three more days, its do or die. Putting my money on a new spot this time, hope it pays off!!

goindeep

Well, I found the pond/lake. A little too much water but I'm gonna give it a shot. 90+ goats hanging around in the flats, not stalkable but I watched 25 or so come in to water so that's where I put the blind while they all watched....