Another IV Pheasant hunt

MapMan

Reaction score
Haven't hunted with my son David (Jr) for several years.When he was younger we hunted a lot together, but we drifted apart for a while. Ya know, those teenage years... ug!

I'll never forget watching him shoot his first limit of dove (mostly whitewings) when he was 10 years old outside Calipatria on a piece of private property, and I still remember hearing "Dad, I need more shells ! " LOL, good times....

Anyways, we got out to the El Centro area last Friday morning and I let him step up on the first point from ole Gunner. He dropped the rooster with a load of #5's from my 20 ga A5. About an hour later we worked another field. It was getting hot and there was no breeze to help the dogs. Just as ole Gunner was getting birdy, David about steps on another rooster and dropped it like the first one. The young man was all smiles! Did not find any more roosters,and we ended the day wackin' some euros before the long drive home. Good times...

Attachments

• David and me pheasant 2015.jpg
    David and me pheasant 2015.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1
  • davids pheasants 1 2015.JPG
    davids pheasants 1 2015.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 1
  • davids pheasants 2 2015.jpg
    davids pheasants 2 2015.jpg
    607.3 KB · Views: 1

MapMan

Reaction score
just_ducky_1 said:
Good job. How's the shoulder?
Jason,
Thanks for asking. Its been 3 months since the surgery on my right shoulder and it's at about 90%. I have good range of motion, most of the strength is back, and the pain is minimal. Still shouldnt lift heavy weights, but I expect a full recovery. The first day I shouldered a shotgun was 2 weeks ago at the Pheasant opener, and I have kept the shooting to a minimum...but don't tell my doctor that!!

Gotta have the left shoulder worked on after the New Year... :smiley-weeping-yellow:

How have you been? Have ya done any upland hunting with the dog this year?