Anniversary

Cloak N Dagger

Reaction score
Yesterday marked the 21st year that my wife and I have been married. :cross-fingers: It's sometimes hard to believe that she put up with me for that long.

We met in 1983 at a Halloween party, and the next weekend we had our first date. We went squirrel hunting! :thumbs-up-ani: Then went riding on a couple of her Appaloosas. Seems like yesterday ... A little over a year later we were married on Dec 15th, 1984.

We spent a quite evening at home last night. Our Daughter had left yesterday to go to the Smokies with some friends, so we had the house to ourselves. Both of us have always loved the simple things, so we didn't go out to dinner or to a play. We just stayed home, and cut the phones off.

I made dinner:

Shrimp Scampi
Cordon Blue
Snow Peas
Roasted potatoes and carrots
Rice Pilaf
Yeast rolls

and a bottle of German Spatlese wine

Served it up on a candlelit table, with flowers, a fire in the fireplace, and some soft music.

---------

It isn't everyday that you meet someone who shares your love of the outdoors, laughs at the same things you do, and is not only the woman of your dreams ... but is your best friend.

W

WebMaster

Wow! Congratulations!!

Sounds like she is rarer and much more valuable then diamonds.

She's a keeper CD!

I recall you posting about your daughters achievements on the TOS (I think it was High School), how is she doing in college?

duckwidow

Treat everyone likes it's their birthday.
Reaction score
congratulations :cross-fingers:

Cloak N Dagger

Reaction score
recall you posting about your daughters achievements on the TOS (I think it was High School), how is she doing in college?

She's doing great in college, thanks for asking. She is on her Christmas break right now, and kicking back in the Smokies. She called me a few minutes ago to tell me that she had made the Dean's List at Emory & Henry. "Double" Education Major (English Literature & Spanish) with a minor in Appalachian Studies. I don't know how she does it. She took 16 credits this past semester, tutored other students, did occasional volunteer work as a translator, and works as a cashier at the local grocery store. She needed this trip to the Smokies for some R&R.

I guess I'm blessed with 2 wonderful women!

Attachments

• Maid_of_Honor2.jpg
    Maid_of_Honor2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 15

00BuckShot

You can have my guns when you rip them from my col
Reaction score
Congrats CND, I can only hope that the misses and I will last that long.

cduck

Reaction score
Mark...congrats! It's nice to see someone truly appreciate their partner in life. I get tired of folks baggin' on their "old ladies" all the time. I have a wife that is like yours....country girl who appreciates the simple things (most of the time anyways!!). Glad to hear you had a great anniversary!!

Your daughter appears to be a beautiful and self-directed young lady! It is a testament to you and your wife and your parenting skills. I have one daughter (9) and we work our hineys off to make sure she stays on the right track. It's not easy!

FForF

Reaction score
Alright CND! That is something to be really proud of. Congradulations to you and the wife! :smiley-clappin-yellow:

cook

Reaction score
:smiley-clappin-yellow: Congratulations CnD Hope you two are still hunting together

callinfowl

Reaction score
I forgot our anniversary, and my wife was so pissed that she said she wanted somthing that goes from
0-200 in the drive way the morning.So the next morning I stuck our bathroom scale out there and put up a big sign that said here you go honey stand on this. :two-cents:

hotchicks.jpg
:smiley-devil: :two-cents:

Just josh'in ya, my wife only weighs about 115 lbs. thank you lord. :two-cents:
Indyrace040.jpg

Huntndogs

Reaction score
Congrats Cloak, My 21st will be on Jan. 1 2006..... Not many folks stay married this long anymore. :smiley-devil: