A31 thread

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Well since the season opens tomorrow I thought we should have a thread of our own. A little play by play action. As for me I will be hunting close to work the next couple of days, both before and after hoping to get lucky. If not after x9a I have a meeting with a big buck in a secluded location :smiley-cool-shades-down:

DMax

Reaction score
starting out early am try to beat the rest :smiley-cool-shades-down: it may push them around, be safe we may get wet.

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
It was 42 deg when I left wrightwood at 6pm :smiley-cool-shades-down: Any moisture at all and I might be playing in that white stuff in the morning. Hey it makes the blood trail stand out better :smiley-cool-shades-down:

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Well went out this morning temp said 38 deg. No worries had the right gear on rained and sleeted most of the morning turning to snow for a while. Went up to a spot by my work I have hunted the past 5 years and have only seen one other bowhunter in all that time, well today was different saw 4 truck loads of people :smiley-eatin-popcorn: Well the hungarian and myself had to chang up the plans a little which was allright we had plenty of rain which made for some quiet walking on the pineneedles. Not 10 minutes into the hunt we spot 3 deer :beer-toast: There feeding about 80 yards out looked like all does couldn't really tell you it was raining too hard to use the glass. Well the hungarian proceeded to stalk in closer but something went wrong and off they went. Either way with deer seen its been a great trip up in these parts. Well we continue down our new path and lo and behold we run into two more hunters :beer-toast: ( I'm really used to having this spot to myself and I'm not big on the sharing thing :beer-toast: ) so we change our plans again. The hungarian takes one side of a ridge and I parallel him on the other side. I go about 20 minutes and spot deer :lol: there about 40 yards below me two does and a little buck. Now let me tell you that little buck was doing his best to tempt me but I had one small problem. I'm severly near sighted and cant see worth beans, and the binos were worthless with me having nothing left to dry them off with so not being able to tell if he was legal or not had to let him walk. No big deal had a great time in the rain. Funny of the day was while we were walking in I see this big pop up blind smack dab in the middle of a meadow and the guys truck parked not 60 yards away in plain sight :smiley_rotflmao:

bmax

Reaction score
same story, different location. did the O-dark-thirty thing to beat the masses, but the masses just walked in after sleeping later and ended up in the same spot, maybe 50yds from me. shined a light in their direction but there was nothing stopping them. it was kind of like hunting mendota actually... anyway, no deer to be seen or heard, and it poured all morning. it made for a pretty amazing view from the top of a ridge and i seriously felt "alive" this morning. one of those feelings you can't really explain, but every hunter understands. anyway, until next time.

DMax

Reaction score
and to top it off i a wake from a nap with an ich :smiley-eatin-popcorn: on my tool :beer-toast: any home cure for oak woody :beer-toast:

wingbone

Reaction score
Man that's why i stayed home today,skeet i don't know that buck might be riding home in the bed of a different truck :beer-toast: were you hunting the north or where i told you i have my game cam?I heard GMR was packed with road hunting bow hunter's :smiley-eatin-popcorn:

wingbone

Reaction score
just got word a freind of mine just started bowhunting and hunting period this year had an opportunity on a buck earlier and ended up shootin a doe first ever game taken i'll try to get a picture an post it!

wingbone

Reaction score
View attachment 13990View attachment 13991Well made it out this morning bascically to check a spot out some does did not see the buck but guess what i found SKEET,do you think it could be here's your's from the other day the second picture in line and mine from today first picture in line!

wingbone

Reaction score
View attachment 13990View attachment 13991Well made it out this morning bascically to check a spot out some does did not see the buck but guess what i found SKEET,do you think it could be here's your's from the other day the first picture in line and mine from today second picture in line!

Attachments

• shed3.jpg
    shed3.jpg
    364.8 KB · Views: 19
  • shed4.jpg
    shed4.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 20

wingbone

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post guy's but the picture's are in order in the second skeet found his on wed. and i found mine this morning!

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
I Think we have a match :smiley-laugh-point-up-yellow: Now all we have to do is find that bad boy with them antelers still on his head. I'm thinking he probably is a little bigger this year

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Well headed out last night after work for about a hour of hunting. figured I'd just walk the road looking for tracks from the rain. Well the place was still like a zoo with all the other hunters in the area so it was time for plan B. Dropped off into a canyon where I had been hanging my trail cams. Got down there with about 45 minutes of light left, saw some fresh tracks thing looking good. Got situated and waited until dark. Had one deer come by that I saw pretty sure I heard others but couldnt see them thru the trees. All in all not bad for a quick hunt. I sure wish that the bear tag was open the same time as the archery deer thoe. Lots of sign.

CATCH

Reaction score
D-max burry the oak woody in nearest beaver damn....I went out yesterday evening and saw some deer, got on one stalk and ran out of light. It was nice meeting you this weekend, sorry I did not meet you B-max but it sounds like you saw every other a-31 hunter up there.( top of a ridge and i seriously felt "alive" this morning. one of those feelings you can't really explain, but every hunter understands. anyway, until next time). I fealt the same yesterday hiking out at night. When its so dark the moon light has to guide you off the fire breaks and the deer trails close up on you, and every sound comes alive. I feel really good about getting a nice buck this year, I am definately determined. :afraid_face:

bmax

Reaction score
talked to the old man earlier and he's got PO everywhere. that has got to be miserable. hope he's feeling alright... those canyons are nasty with that stuff. you're in our prayers pop. don't worry, "this too shall pass".

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
talked to the old man earlier and he's got PO everywhere. that has got to be miserable. hope he's feeling alright... those canyons are nasty with that stuff. you're in our prayers pop. don't worry, "this too shall pass".

I bet he is loving those hot showers :afraid_face: Have him get some of that oat meal bath stuff it will help dry it out.

Skeet

buck feaver
Reaction score
Ok so got out tonight for a hour after work. didnt plan on it had no camo or pack just my bow and bino's. Went to a area I've had cams up on and figured I'd just walk the road since all I had were my fire boots and they are too loud to do any kind of stalking in. Right off the bat I spot a doe and fawn at 30 yards. A great sign well go a little further and there is another doe and fawn, dang this is a great evening for going right after work :afraid_face: . Well then I blow it :16: I let my guard down and started moving faster than I should have. about 40 yards infront of me explodes out a really nice buck :rolleyes: how big I dont know but he was no doubt really legal. So I continue my loop and get about 100 yards from the vehicle and low and behold another deer walks out at last light. Now this was a big bodied deer but I never could get a good look at it head body launguage said buck but couldnt tell fore sure. Anyway it woundered off never offering a better view of itself.

DMax

Reaction score
well i got one stuck :smiley-cool-shades-down: in my a$$ twice :smiley-bag-on-head: posion oak and me not a good thing had to see the DR. nurse asked were i was infected :afraid_face: DR. asked if i was having sex in the woods how do explain cutting your broadhead in some oak then wipping the blades with my fingers and after wizzin i broke out, deezs nuts are on fire,now its spreading with meds & lotion maybe i'll get some sleep to night :smiley-clappin-yellow: