A new Snow Record

YORT40

Reaction score
Yep,
Crazy winter for sure, with over 40 feet of snow @ the 9,500 ft.elev mark (Main Lodge). It's been a while since seeing so many smiling faces. Or if someone is into snow removal, tired faces.
It's been snowing almost every day since January 4th, so every able body has been out trying to keep from being captured behind a wall of the white stuff.
If a person owns a shovel & has the time to work during the day, its $30.00 an hour in payment. There has been several roofs which have caved-in do to the weight of the snow. So it's become a normal sight to see 5 or 6 people on top of a house, shoveling.
If a person owns a Loader, Bobcat, or truck & trailer, that person has not had a full nights rest in weeks. Plowing & hauling snow out of town goes on 24/7.
If a person bought the state required license to install tire chains, that person can work all week at the chain control area, & really get busy Friday afternoon until Sunday evening.

Then there are the skiing crowds. According to my daughter, who works at a reservation office, the town is booked 100% for every weekend for the rest of winter.

And lastly, The Water. I might not see dirt until June, and the deer might not migrate until July, but the creeks will be flowing high this year for sure.

Good times!

Troy

nicapopolis

Reaction score
That is awesome to hear Troy. I love CO, but I do miss that part of CA.

ofdscooby

Reaction score
Are they getting snow to the south as well I'm sure they are but I wonder how packed in Glacier lodge is in Big Pine and Bishop creek area ice fishing on Sabrina this year for sure, I cant wait to show the kids what South lake looks like full its gonna be awesome.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Cazador Suerte said:
Thanks for the on the spot report! Might be a chance for a snowball fight on the 4th of July!
I have been telling people that all year. Skiing until 4th of July.

BigWave

Reaction score
That's awesome news Troy! A winter that we've needed for quite a few years. Can't wait to get up there this summer to see it, and see all of the lakes topped off!!

ilovesprig

Reaction score
SCREWLOOSE said:
This is going to really screw up the trout opener in the Siera!!!
Yep......Last Saturday in April?......Good luck...... :smiley-wnk-yellow:

Last year in May...Virginia Lakes............. :smiley-wow-eyes-yellow:

Attachments

• 071.JPG
    071.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 0

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.
Reaction score
fish dog said:
This is going to really screw up the trout opener in the Siera!!!
Two words...Ice Fishing.
At this rate nobody is going to have an auger long enough to get through it.

YORT40

Reaction score
ilovesprig said:
Crowley full will make for great fowling..................... :2:
I wish I would have taken a picture of Crowley a few weeks ago.

It snowed over 4 feet between Jan 5th to Jan 10th. Then it rained for 3 days. Crowley was already iced over, but after the snow & rain, it left about 12" of water on top of the ice. It produced an awesome bright blue color which I've never seen.

:smiley-weeping-yellow: very emotional :smiley-yellow:

hank4elk

Reaction score
Good to hear Troy!
Was just looking at pics of 08'& my last east side hunt with T$. There was a couple feet laying around town & we drove up to glass @ 10k