A New Chapter In My Son's Life...

Band Collector

Reaction score
My son opened a new chapter in his life when he bought this class 5 Baja Bug over the weekend.

As some will know he has spent the last 7 years riding and performing in freestyle motocross shows and competitions and has suffered many injuries as a result.

After saving all he could for the last year he was able to realize his dream of owning a set up Baja Bug. Pretty incredible how this was built and all of the things it has on it. With age comes a cage and at 22 I am glad he is going in this direction.

Not saying he is done jumping his Honda 450 but hopefully he will be more focused on his new hobby with more metal and less air.

Proud that he accomplished what he set out to do...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 0

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Those things are super fun. See how it does at Wister.

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet
Reaction score
Very Nice! Back in my 20's I ran chase for a guy who raced 5-1600 in the Fudpucker series. Tons of fun.

Hope the best for your son.

FredtheGad

Fredthegad
Reaction score
Nic someone already did..second to last sat of season....we had a ring side seat..took him a good hr and a half get down 1 check..then come back up another..shure the clutch is a little trashed...8 wardens on the closer....none this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_6022.jpg
    IMG_6022.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6021.jpg
    IMG_6021.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 0

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Crimson Crusher said:
Nic someone already did..second to last sat of season....we had a ring side seat..took him a good hr and a half get down 1 check..then come back up another..shure the clutch is a little trashed...8 wardens on the closer....none this weekend
SMH Mike... Did the dude hunt as well? Was he delivering his decoys to the blind stake?

FredtheGad

Fredthegad
Reaction score
Have no idea what they were doing they ended up sitting on an island at the top of the pond no cover 3 flippys....Dhww

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Tim,

Boy, have the Baja bugs come a long ways....What a beauty!.......This was my 3rd bug in 1982.....A '67 with a 1750c with a bus transaxle......Loved those things...... :D

ps.....Secretly, I'm glad to know your son is getting out of the bike thing..... :thumbs-up-blue:

Attachments

• stoddard_wells_19821.jpg
    stoddard_wells_19821.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0

Band Collector

Reaction score
Believe it or not Steve the one my son bought in the picture is a 1969 but it has had a lot of modifications as you can see.

p.s. I am a bit relieved too as I still have a little hair left and it has not yet turned completely gray...lol

One Track

Reaction score
Tim:

I've been downstairs at the SD Sports Arena when those FMX guys were practicing before the show. Half of them were hobbling up on crutches while their mechanic held the bike. Then, the mechanic takes the crutches and the rider speeds off and flies through the air. Those guys have no fear, at all. The injuries add up quickly. I too am glad that he is moving on. Racing in the dirt is the most fun you can have. I grew up in El Cajon. I raced MX. I've chased at Baja. I've rolled baja bugs, trucks, and SUV's. I totally get it. And, I'm so glad that I had daughters.

I applaud you for supporting your son through all those years of hair-raising, and expensive, riding and racing. Nothing like it. To have a dad like you, let him be him. Kids that are wired with a high level of need for adrenaline and that totally lack the fear gene....generally don't have the sources to satiate the need. Most of those kids end up on the wrong side of the line. Letting him fly probably saved his life. At least now, you kinda get a break on the pucker factor. Glad he is moving on to the cage. Good job, man.

Band Collector

Reaction score
Definitely a lot more steel surrounding him in this thing. I think he is going to have a blast!

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 0

outdoorplay

Founder
Reaction score
in involved in t offroad racing for many years, and I can tell you this. the best offroad drivers are ex Motorcycles racers...

hope he well, good news is with a race car you have a roll cage

MarkClayton

Reaction score
Oh man, I understand you, being locked in a sport seat of any car with 4 wheels and metal frame is anyway much more safe than any activity related with freestyle motocross.

RTIN

Reaction score
That was an interesting morning CC! :smiley-yikes: :smiley-yakkin-pink: :smiley-yakkin-pink: :smiley-yakkin-pink: :smiley-yakkin-pink: :smiley-yakkin-pink: :smiley-yakkin-pink:

themarck

Reaction score
Man, the Baja used to be my dream when I was in the college.
Yet, this was a dream that did not come true LOL