5 weeks from Saturday!

BDB

Reaction score
Not that I am counting or anything :) I fly into Boise Sept 18th to start a 7 day elk hunt with a good buddy from CA. We know the area from past trips (1 went once he has gone 3x). Seeing as I have been stuck being a flatlander for a couple of years here in MA I can't want but it is gonna kick my a$$ for sure. Man those hills are steep.

We even have our opening day plan set (unless we arrive and change our plan). Brett has seen elk in this spot on all of the trips so he's confident if we are up top before shoot time we will see animals. We would hike all the way to the top using the drainage on the right and hope to catch them in the basin more in the middle at the top. I'm tired just thinking about it :)

I am way too fired up, the next 5 weeks are going to be LONG!!!

Attachments

• hill.jpg
    hill.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 33

Kentuck

Reaction score
Man BDB, don't you know anyone with a helicopter?????? If I were you two, I'd knock on some doors of the ranchers in that valley and see if they'd let you do some alfalfa saving! You need to start putting your daughter and your wife on your shoulders and hiking some bleachers with them to get ready.

I'll never forget the first time a buddy called me wanting to go elk hunting. I said sure, where? He said Idaho. My first thought was the pretty much what your picture above depicts!

Good luck though. And yes, I'm jealous.

wingbone

Reaction score
Go get'em thats some fine country right there.....5 weeks will be here before you know it......wish i had 5 weeks my nerves are finally gettin to me my Tule Hunt starts Sat.

bpnclark

Reaction score
One look at your pic and my right knee started hurting

Good luck! :beer-toast:

Kentuck

Reaction score
QUOTE (bpnclark @ Aug 11 2010, 06:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=276901
One look at your pic and my right knee started hurting

Good luck! :beer-toast:

Both my knees and my lungs hurt looking at that pic. Lots of hard butt-kicking work but man, what a reward.

BOWUNTR

Reaction score
I can't wait to hear about your hunt. Good luck and keep us informed. Who are you going with? Ever hear from Backcountry? Ed F

HuntinGuy101

Reaction score
Looks like you have quite the hunt coming. Good Luck and start getting in shape for sure. Hunting in the high mountains means less oxygen and that looks steep. Good Luck

HuntinGuy101