3rd times a charm

j_m_vasquez

Reaction score
So last weekend I took my son (9) out for his first ever, rabbit hunt. We tried SanJacinto and saw a few; or should I said I saw a few.  My son had a hard time seing them in time and never took a shot.  He was a bit down about it so last sunday I took him to IV.  We saw lot of rabbits and he took a few shots but missed them.  However, the trip was a success none the less.  He had fun and wanted to go back out there as soon as possible.  On Monday I told my co-worker about our experiance and he asked to join us with his boy (10) for his first hunt.

More  than willing to introduce a new kid to hunting and to satify my son's request; we went out this morning to IV.  About 0630, after seen a few but not able to shoot, My son finnally sees a rabbit he raise his shotgun for a shot :smiley_prayin_ani: .  I see him pull the trigger and become the proudest dad ever.  :4gi59uu_th:  he killed the Rabbit 25 yards away with one shot and we both yell in exciment. 

My Co-worker got his first rabbit and I got one for a total of three for the day.  Even though my Co-worker's son did not get one, he took a shot at one and is eager to try again.  All in all it was a great day.

PS.  Dirty Dave you may not recognise the shot gun cause I made a few modifications but I just wanted to say thank you and my son loves it.

Attachments

• Justin's first rabbit1.jpg
    Justin's first rabbit1.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 28

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!
Reaction score
How did you guys like the humidity? It was pretty brutal this morning!

Congrats to your son! That is pretty cool!

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Jose,

That is totally awesome.....I'm sure your son was very excited.......And an experience, he'll never forget....... :smiley_10sign:

I vividly remember my 1st kill.......A jack rabbit in 1959 in Red Rock Cyn....... :2:

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
WAY TO HANG IN THERE DAD....SELFISH PEOPLE WOULD NEVER LAST 2 MINUTES WITH A KID HUNTING...AWESOME JOB!!
 FUTURE SPORTSMAN RIGHT THERE.. :smiley_10sign:

j_m_vasquez

Reaction score
socal duckie said:
How did you guys like the humidity? It was pretty brutal this morning!

Congrats to your son! That is pretty cool!

Thanks guys.

It was humid but we were out of there fairly early so it was not too bad...at least not as bad as it was during the week in Palm Desert area were I work

DirtyDave

Reaction score
manny said:
PS.  Dirty Dave you may not recognise the shot gun cause I made a few modifications but I just wanted to say thank you and my son loves it.

Congrats!! Glad he likes it. Is that a Camo Dip on the shotgun?

j_m_vasquez

Reaction score
DirtyDave said:

No. I ended up calling Mossberg and ordered a youth stock and forearm.  The stock has LOP of 12 and expands to 13.  I can then put the wood one back on to make it back into a full size 14.  Works great!

DirtyDave

Reaction score
manny said:

No. I ended up calling Mossberg and ordered a youth stock and forearm.  The stock has LOP of 12 and expands to 13.  I can then put the wood one back on to make it back into a full size 14.  Works great!

Sounds like a good plan

JakeT

Reaction score
Thats awesome you took them hunting. If every sportsman would take a non hunter with them the world would be a better place.

DOG ON POINT

Reaction score
Congrats!!! Good read and happy for your boy. How did he like cleaning & eating it? Look forward to hunting with you this year ... going to put in for trion September 14-15, cast & blast dove :)