2017 Coues

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
Have a great hunt and I’ll remind you, live blogging isn’t optional. It’s mandatory.

bpnclark

Reaction score
He had three picked out a couple months ago but hasn't been able to find them since. This time we'll be on the boarder (more like in Mexico than the US) using some well traveled "walking" trails. Going to be fun! My first time with a tag so I might push Dad out of the way when I see the first forkie!

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!
Reaction score
4 tags being filled for the little gray ghosts..Allthough we drew December hunts..ground and pound comin...have to go kill an elk first with #3 up in Flagg the week before..gonna be a busy December..damn kids draw everything..

One Track

Reaction score
Good luck. Hunted on the mule trails last year. Plenty of deer to glass up. Keep us posted.

SCREWLOOSE

Reaction score
Arrowslinger said:
Have a great hunt and I’ll remind you, live blogging isn’t optional. It’s mandatory.

Says the originator of the cliff hanger blogging style. Even freaking Steven Rinella is copying you on his podcasts!! Somebody needs to throw an acorn at you!!

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
SCREWLOOSE said:
Says the originator of the cliff hanger blogging style. Even freaking Steven Rinella is copying you on his podcasts!! Somebody needs to throw an acorn at you!!
I gave the people what they wanted.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
Arrowslinger said:
I gave the people what they wanted.

Blue balls....?

bpnclark

Reaction score
Day one is over. Going to start day 2. So far we've seen over 20 deer. About 6-7 forkies and 5 spikes. One might have been a small 3x3 but my brother didn't want to go after it. Not seeing anything bigger than a forkie to go after. Might shoot a forkie today! Last night had to stop the hunt to help out another hunter. An older guy fell down a dry creek bed and his brother couldn't find him. They were both in their 70s. We got him out at dark on the fence line which was good for him because that's when the smugglers start their run for the night, in those creek beds. Plus an older guy lying on his back is an easy target.

JNDEER

Reaction score
Stand up work helping out the old timer. Good luck getting on a nice buck.

Yep. No way any illegal could get across that fence.

nicapopolis

Reaction score
hatchet1 said:
Build the wall!! Good luck dude.stay sharp...Finish!!
.... but let the deer come back and forth... like a doggie door for the deer.... or steal all Mexico's deer and lock them in on our side.

ofdscooby

Reaction score
nicapopolis said:
.... but let the deer come back and forth... like a doggie door for the deer.... or steal all Mexico's deer and lock them in on our side.
+1

Arrowslinger

Animal lover!
Reaction score
nicapopolis said:
Genius!!!

bpnclark

Reaction score
Day 2 moved to an area away from the boarder. More hunters seen there than I see in CO. Off to the boarder again for day 3.