Cover for boat blind

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 TRAPP

TRAPP

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:32 AM

I have a Beavertail blind now and like it a lot. It keeps the cold wind out. But I really like the new shaggy blind from MB. So I found this (see Attached thumbnail) for $23.00 + shipping. What is your thought...... I would add it to my beavertail blind. ( the camo cover is 9ft long maybe 3ft wide.

Refrence photos:
Beavertail blind
Posted Image
MB shaggy blind
Posted Image

Attached Files

#2 ESSposse

ESSposse

Marsh Ninja.... Deal with it.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,196 posts
  • Location:Corona, CA. Where men are men and sheep are scared.
  • Interests:Rainbows, Unicorns, and long walks on the beach shooting seagulls.....

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:00 AM

I like it!!! :rolleyes:

TOF: Home to people that ACTUALLY hunt, fish and enjoy the great outdoors.

#3 Benelliblaster

Benelliblaster

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

Trapp- We're getting the shaggy blind for our MR18. We pick it up on Friday, so you can come on down and check it out in person if you want. Everyone we've talked to RAVES about this blind. Even the employees at Mud Buddy in Salt lake have swithched to the shaggy blind. They say you "disappear".

#4 Michael

Michael

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:04 AM

A couple of hints BB can you see through the blind material sitting down or do you have to be standing up to watch for birds ? Can the dog see out if you get a cripple, if the dog does not see it and the duck or goose is swimming away and it is out of range to finish him off the dog cannt mark it. Then you have to fire up the untie it and chase the bird down and this always happens I repeat always when the birds are working and another flight is getting ready to come in. So the dog has to see to mark the cripples.
45 Pheasants 2011 Season

#5 pitdog

pitdog

Old and grumpy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 09:19 AM

It looks like you can see out. You may have to rig up a spot for the dog.

Attached Files

It Ain't How Hard You Hit - It's How Hard You Can Get Hit and Keep Moving Forward!

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again... Then quit. There's no use in being a damn fool about it"
~W.C. Fields

#6 4Tule

4Tule

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:22 AM

A couple of hints BB can you see through the blind material sitting down or do you have to be standing up to watch for birds ? Can the dog see out if you get a cripple, if the dog does not see it and the duck or goose is swimming away and it is out of range to finish him off the dog cannt mark it. Then you have to fire up the untie it and chase the bird down and this always happens I repeat always when the birds are working and another flight is getting ready to come in. So the dog has to see to mark the cripples.

You can see out of it and hopefully the dog will be stationed on the hunt deck. This is all new to us so we will see how it goes! :huh:

P.S. We don't cripple birds. We knock em dead! :two-cents: :smiley_rotflmao: :smiley_rotflmao:

P.S.S. Hank da Tank don't need to see no birds. We just point him in the right direction and off he goes!(After several hand signals and whistles he usually comes back, sometimes with the bird). :rolleyes:

Attached Files

#7 4Tule

4Tule

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

River, do you use floats for the anchor line when anchored?

#8 Benelliblaster

Benelliblaster

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:29 AM

Good tips Ron. I'll have a better idea as soon as we get our hands on it. Supposedly, the top of our heads will be even with the top of the blind. And standing won't be necessary until we shoot.....................and finish off 4tule's cripples :smiley_rotflmao: :smiley_rotflmao:

4t, Hank is da BOMB! Sure saves our energy out there in the marsh.

#9 4Tule

4Tule

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:32 AM

River, BB will be trying to catch up to me in his Aqua Pod, so whenever he arrives I'll just point him to the downed birds. :two-cents: :smiley_rotflmao: Hank and I will probably be eatin breakfast by the time BB arrives! :smiley_rotflmao:

#10 Benelliblaster

Benelliblaster

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

River, BB will be trying to catch up to me in his Aqua Pod, so whenever he arrives I'll just point him to the downed birds. :smiley_rotflmao: :smiley_rotflmao:

Catch up? You'll be towing me going 40 mph, and when you see a raft of ducks..............you'll circle 'um and slingshot me into the middle of the raft, benelliblastin' the entire time without a plug! :two-cents:

#11 4Tule

4Tule

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:38 AM

River, BB will be trying to catch up to me in his Aqua Pod, so whenever he arrives I'll just point him to the downed birds. :smiley_rotflmao: :huh:

Catch up? You'll be towing me going 40 mph, and when you see a raft of ducks..............you'll circle 'um and slingshot me into the middle of the raft, benelliblastin' the entire time without a plug! :smiley_rotflmao:

Ah, excuse me BB, but without a PLUG won't your Pod fill up with water and sink????? :huh:

:rolleyes: Tie 200' of heavy monofiliment to SD's boat and hell drag you unknowingly to his PRIME SPOT! :two-cents:

#12 4Tule

4Tule

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:47 AM

BB, I'll tie you to the back of the boat in your pod and get you into the DEATH SPIN and invent the new POWER SCULLING TECHNIQUE! Those rafted up ducks will never know what hit em! :smiley_rotflmao:

We'll have to work on the release maneuver before the season starts!!!

Anybody ever sling shot an Aqua Pod???? :smiley_rotflmao:

POWER SCULLING.........................FOR THOSE HUNTERS IN A HURRY!!!!

#13 Michael

Michael

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:53 AM

In the river I use Brush Clips to Tie off in the Tules Bow and Stern or run thw bow into the Tules and shoot over the stern . In the sea Brush clips on dead branches or rarely a conventional anchor and the whole boat swings into the wind. I am in shallow water most of the time calf deep sometimes pound a rebar about 3' long into the bottom and use a brush clip or just run the boat aground in the shallows north of Red Hill and south of Mullet Island the mouth of both rivers are also shallow.
45 Pheasants 2011 Season

#14 4Tule

4Tule

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

River, what's a brush clip and where does one go about buying one?

#15 Michael

Michael

"Custom"

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:38 AM

Here is a photo I do not remember where but if I do are see on one I will let you know you clip it onto a handful of Tules or brush or tree branches to secure the boat the more tension as it pulls the tighter the grip on the clip.

Attached Files

45 Pheasants 2011 Season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users