6 replies to this topic

#1 sureshot

sureshot

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:26 PM

Can you legally carry handgun on your person (self defence) while deer hunting, even though that handgun uses lead ammuntion ?

Seems this would say a-okay.

A:  CCR, Title 14 section 250.1© provides, “Nothing in this section is intended to prohibit the possession of concealable firearms containing lead ammunition, provided that the firearm is possessed for personal protection and is not used to take or assist in the take of wildlife.” With the exception of ammunition for concealable firearms possessed for personal protection, hunters may not possess lead ammunition along with a firearm capable of firing that ammunition when nonlead ammunition is required.

#2 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13372 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:21 PM

If you are hunting..you cant have lead ammo on you regardless...that condor could swoop down at any moment and peck you to death thus redering you helpless..he then would indest the lead ammo you have on your warm lifeless corpse..your next of kin would be ticketed for endangering the condor. Give that some thought.

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#3 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13372 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:25 PM

Oh..and if you are "hunting" read the part about hunters not being to posess lead ammunition while hunting with a firearn capable of firing said ammunition,you could try to argue that you are not hunting with said handgun, but that would be futile..my suggestion would be that if you deem it necessary to pack a handgun,pack it with copper.Long live the condor.

Edited by hatchet1, 08 October 2019 - 05:30 PM.

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#4 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3687 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:47 PM

What Hatch said.

#5 Mrfish

Mrfish

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:16 PM

I'd prefer a rifle for personal protection anyway.   

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." - General James Mattis

#6 [email protected]

[email protected]

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the wild places. Tracking.

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:23 PM

I'd have to find it, which I don't have time to at the moment, but I read the code not long ago, and you can carry lead ammo in your self protection side arm while hunting. (Not during archery of course) I remember, cause I found that out after I purchased lead free.  :smiley-yakkin-pink:

If I can free up some time and find it, I'll post it.

A toast, to Dr. Frank C. Hibben, Wherever you are out there in the ethers, Happy hunting. Happy hunting.

#7 Crimson Crusher

Crimson Crusher

Fredthegad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7251 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl and deer hunting and pig hunting and quail hunting and chuckar hunting dove i can take or leave but it's still hunting Fishing yes, what ever I can catch

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:13 PM

Must be a loop hole...give them time they will close it

AKA FredtheGad

Some folks are like seagulls. All they do is eat sqawk and $hit, and are protected by our goverment!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users