#1 utahduckhunter

utahduckhunter

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:love to hunt duck and geese dove chucker quail

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:51 AM

Well today was opening day for dove here in Utah it was a good morning end up with 13 bird Attached File  IMG_20190902_101840.jpg   209.42KB   0 downloads

#2 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3668 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 02 September 2019 - 01:44 PM

Hunted AZ. on the river. We were all done by 8:15, all ten of us. Not god awful hot by humidity was a killer. Thank god for early overcast. This morning was slower, as expected but, we still did great. All the birds were concentrated in about a 1.5 mile stretch down the river road so, for the first time in about 10 years of hunting the same spot  almost by ourselves, we had lots of company but, everyone was well behaved. 

#3 sherpa1

sherpa1

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:duck and deer hunting

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:46 PM

Our annual trip to Yuma was a success. The four of us enjoyed the 109 degree weather while putting LEAD down range. Being with my 17 year old getting his first official 15 bird limit was priceless!

Attached Files

JUST DUCKY

#4 sierrahunter1

sierrahunter1

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:00 PM

Good times!

#5 duck-boy

duck-boy

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2069 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping, the outdoors, photography

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:04 PM

Awesome!

#6 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3623 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:03 AM

I took a buddy to a client's ranch and I shot a limit plus a bunch of euros.  Despite being on a private ranch I got peppered pretty good a couple times and felt like lobbing a 3 shot volley at a d-bag shooting near me.  I hollered at him a couple times and I always got, "sorry" in response.  My client stopped by to visit with me mid-morning and he took a blast to the back, immediately went over and tossed the guy off his ranch. 

I have to say I hate shooting steel.  The euros were high flying. They would take a direct hit, lose a giant puff of feathers and keep on flying.  This state sucks.

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

In 1999 I was duped by Y2K, I thought the world was coming to an end and I spent well over a decade ingesting copious amounts of ayahuasca daily to prepare for the inevitable apocalypse which, to my genuine surprise, never arrived.

#7 duck stew

duck stew

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:hunting & fishing, outdoor junky

Posted 03 September 2019 - 03:20 PM

Sunday mourning in Yuma was great! found a little cut field with some birds so my daughter and myself found an open spot put out a couple mojos and whacked a couple limits over the mojos almost like hunting ducks over decoys. 91 degrees at 8am headed for home stoked.

zorro

#8 Ducky's Dad

Ducky's Dad

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:55 PM

We hunted Yuma and it was absolutely overrun with California hunters.  Not the usual bunch who are generally well behaved, but this opener was full of jerks who would park and set up 20 feet from where we were already standing or already had a stool under a bush.  Talking to them was futile.  No common courtesy, very little hunting ethics.  More assholery than I have ever seen on a dove hunt, happened with multiple guys in multiple locations on multiple days.

Mourning doves and Euros were scarce, it was almost all whitewings wherever we went.  Got checked a couple of times by the warden and even he was surprised at the absence of mournings in the area.

#9 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3623 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:00 AM

We hunted Yuma and it was absolutely overrun with California hunters.  Not the usual bunch who are generally well behaved, but this opener was full of jerks who would park and set up 20 feet from where we were already standing or already had a stool under a bush.  Talking to them was futile.  No common courtesy, very little hunting ethics.  More assholery than I have ever seen on a dove hunt, happened with multiple guys in multiple locations on multiple days.

Mourning doves and Euros were scarce, it was almost all whitewings wherever we went.  Got checked a couple of times by the warden and even he was surprised at the absence of mournings in the area.

Weekend openers always bring out the assclowns en masse. 

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

In 1999 I was duped by Y2K, I thought the world was coming to an end and I spent well over a decade ingesting copious amounts of ayahuasca daily to prepare for the inevitable apocalypse which, to my genuine surprise, never arrived.

#10 socalcowboy

socalcowboy

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Fishing and F**king off!!!

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:12 AM

Only hunted Monday - with a friend from the Navy.  It was a quiet morning for the 1st hour of sunrise then things picked up and ended up leaving at 11:00 - freaking heat.... Stopped at Lazy Lizard for a beer.

Noticed more than usually fields marked no hunting or hunting with permission... And those damn... Solar Panels - I wonder what affect the steel pellets do to them...

This is state is going down the new river (designated the most polluted in America).....

SoCalCowboy

Hunting Fishing and F****** Off Club

#11 shadowlawnskysthelimit

shadowlawnskysthelimit

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 03:30 PM

Hunted Sunday, North end of the IV with my nephew. Quite a few birds in the first 1-1-1/2 hours.
Not too many WW where we were.
Stayed the night in the Brawley Inn, dinner at the Pump in Westmoreland.
Hunted Monday morning east of Brawley, not a lot of birds; but what was there were mainly WW.
Headed back for tomorrow morning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users