Photo

Leupold customer service

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3618 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

I had an old pair of Leupold Wind River binos that I got about 15 years ago.  They were good - not great - but I was more than happy with their performance given what I paid for them (I think around $250).  They've been bounced around pretty good, lost the covers and the case.  This past year the twist eye cups started slipping so they've been sitting on the shelf.  I sent them in to Leupold about 6 weeks ago for repair, got a confirm saying it would take about 4 weeks to get them back.  When I didn't hear back I called and was told that they no longer stock the repair parts so they were sending me a new pair.  They showed up today - BX-4 Pro Guide HD's in 10*42.  Brand new, in a sealed box.  To say it is an upgrade over what I had is an understatement, just unbelievable.  Can't wait to use them this fall.

Attached Files

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

In 1999 I was duped by Y2K, I thought the world was coming to an end and I spent well over a decade ingesting copious amounts of ayahuasca daily to prepare for the inevitable apocalypse which, to my genuine surprise, never arrived.

#2 BigWave

BigWave

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2264 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing!!

Posted 24 July 2019 - 01:29 PM

Hard to beat that!! 

#3 garlicsalt

garlicsalt

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:11 PM

You are stoked, to say the least.

#4 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2988 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:31 PM

Hard to beat that!! 

I was going to buy the Leupold BX-4's but the Vortex Warranty is better IMO.  Maybe not for the original owners, but if you aren't the original owner on Leupold, you're SOL.  The Vortex warranty stays with the product, not the owner.

#5 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3618 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:47 PM

Hard to beat that!! 

I was going to buy the Leupold BX-4's but the Vortex Warranty is better IMO.  Maybe not for the original owners, but if you aren't the original owner on Leupold, you're SOL.  The Vortex warranty stays with the product, not the owner.

I was not the original owner of the Wind Rivers, I bought them from a guy that won them at the MDF banquet.  Leupold didn't require any proof of purchase.

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

In 1999 I was duped by Y2K, I thought the world was coming to an end and I spent well over a decade ingesting copious amounts of ayahuasca daily to prepare for the inevitable apocalypse which, to my genuine surprise, never arrived.

#6 hatchet1

hatchet1

100% AMERICAN & LION KILLER!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13350 posts
  • Interests:Clowning fatboy & his offspring!!!

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:06 PM

Hard to beat that!!

I was not the original owner of the Wind Rivers, I bought them from a guy that won them at the MDF banquet.  Leupold didn't require any proof of purchase.
Exactly..nor will they ever. Good company for sure.

"REMINDING CALIFORNIANS THAT "MAN" IS THE ULTIMATE PREDATOR..NOT SILLY MOUNTAIN LIONS....."

" in memory of cecil the lion & P-32..never forget"

#7 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8945 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:35 PM

That's customer service there glad they took care of you

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#8 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2988 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:24 AM

Hard to beat that!! 

That is good to hear, that is not what I was told when I was shopping.  

#9 mouthcallinmatt

mouthcallinmatt

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3120 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:09 AM

I have a pair of Olympic Gold Ring 12 x 50's where both of the adjustable eye cups are broken. I need to send them in. I read that they were produced somewhere else & they had problems & no longer make them. Hopefully I'll get a newer model too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users