Photo

Anybody know a good handgun instructor on the west side of LA?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3618 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 10:42 PM

One of my business partners came to the boom boom room and bought a pistol.  He is not an experienced shooter and wants to take lessons - learn how to handle it safely, shoot it safely, clean it, etc.  I don't have the time or patience for him.  Any recommendations are appreciated.

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

In 1999 I was duped by Y2K, I thought the world was coming to an end and I spent well over a decade ingesting copious amounts of ayahuasca daily to prepare for the inevitable apocalypse which, to my genuine surprise, never arrived.

#2 BIGCIM

BIGCIM

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:Thick ladies

Posted 12 May 2019 - 10:33 AM

It might be worth a drive to Bass Pro on a Saturday. They have a couple of different private companies that teach gun courses there. They also have different classes based on experience levels. The name of one company is Inland firearms training. I cant remember the others. They use the indoor range for instructing as well. 

#3 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3644 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 12 May 2019 - 03:49 PM

Any shooting range, be they indoor or outdoor should have instructors on site. He might try the place he purchased the gun from. WTF is the boom boom room?

#4 Hogskin

Hogskin

My style is impetuous, my defenses impregnable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3618 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

Any shooting range, be they indoor or outdoor should have instructors on site. He might try the place he purchased the gun from. WTF is the boom boom room?

Holy *bleep* this place is gun shy.  It automatically censored the d a r k side to the "boom boom room". 

Good lookin' people, they got no spine.

In 1999 I was duped by Y2K, I thought the world was coming to an end and I spent well over a decade ingesting copious amounts of ayahuasca daily to prepare for the inevitable apocalypse which, to my genuine surprise, never arrived.

#5 socal duckie

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14196 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:38 PM

Holy *bleep* this place is gun shy. It automatically censored the d a r k side to the "boom boom room".

Pretty sure Jack from twitter runs this place 🤣

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

#6 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14992 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:35 AM

Holy *bleep* this place is gun shy.  It automatically censored the d a r k side to the "boom boom room". 

Holdover from the olden days when certain TOFers enjoyed provoking a certain irritable large mammal.  Probably should clean out the bad word filter.  Duckie, call Jack from Twitter and tell him to get on it.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users