2 replies to this topic

#1 weekend warrior

weekend warrior

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:31 PM

Spent some time speaking with Tom at San J today.

Conversation began with me inquiring about training my dogs at mystic lake. Conversation turned to access to San Jacinto and water. The fact of the matter is that all the resources are there for a fantastic training area, but the powers that be have not been motivated to adopt and finalize a site managment plan . Tom is in full support of improving the area and assisting with managment and access, he even said that the new director of the DFG seems to be an approachable individual. So the present time is better than its ever been to write some letters and move the needle. 

Any of us that train our pups regularly kmow that training grounds are limited especially in our immediate area, prado is great but dogs especially competive dogs need fresh grounds. And the fact that prado is just about the only area leaves that vast majority of us scrambling for a pond or field to utilize for a few hours of a Saturday or Sunday, the week days can even be a challenge. by having another viable option we could spead out and breath a little easier. 

Managing the area could be done a lot like the CRTA grounds , buy into a membership , reserve an area on line , no one group could reserve an area for more than half a day , this opens up an area for another group either in the morning or the afternoon. and this increases access and everyone knows where they are going , they also know who used the area before and after they did. 

So if this opportunity interests you please write a letter to the regional DFG office , 

How the West was Won (Colt) QA2
Delilahs Addicted to Mischief (Delilah) My Jammin little girl QA2

Addicted to the Migration (Goose) SH (My wifes dog)
Extremes Dixies Reble Yell (Dixie) JH
Dawsons Little Sable(Sable) 12/08 - 5/14 We'll hunt again someday girl.

Luck = When opportunity meets skill.

When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it , I deeply respect him.

#2 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14992 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 07:38 AM

A large dog training area with year round ponds etc was incorporated into the management plan that Scott Sewell submitted to DFG several years ago (when it was still DFG). I agree it is a much needed public amenity as the number of people training dogs has grown enormously over the past 10 years with no additional facilities. It would also create a buffer between the Villages at Lakeside Specific Plan and ideally keep it all south of Cajalco Road.

A flood of letters or emails to not only the DFW Regional and HQ offices, but also the DFW Commission would be a good thing to finally get this thing off the dime.  Did Tom provide any decision maker contact information?

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#3 weekend warrior

weekend warrior

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 07:07 AM

Yes he did , I have it written down at my office , I'll get the info and post . 

How the West was Won (Colt) QA2
Delilahs Addicted to Mischief (Delilah) My Jammin little girl QA2

Addicted to the Migration (Goose) SH (My wifes dog)
Extremes Dixies Reble Yell (Dixie) JH
Dawsons Little Sable(Sable) 12/08 - 5/14 We'll hunt again someday girl.

Luck = When opportunity meets skill.

When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it , I deeply respect him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users