#1 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3644 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:15 AM

I got the gear out took inventory put a little lube on the reels and booked a 1.5 day trip on the pescador out of 22nd. St. In LB. Trip is booked as a WSB special. I think at this point most of the WSB are being caught to far north for us to reach on this trip but we can still get to either SBI or San Nic..both have produced good numbers in the past. What ever we get into, it will be good to get back out on the water again.

#2 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8945 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

Good luck

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#3 duck-boy

duck-boy

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2059 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping, the outdoors, photography

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:30 PM

Good luck,. I had a 2 day chartered in March but weather was bad and it was cancelled. The trip is rescheduled for May 5-6

#4 BOWUNTR

BOWUNTR

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4022 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:30 PM

Right on... I kinda have the itch, going long range, Westport Wa for Albies in August. Need to figure out how to get 9' rods on a plane... Ed F

#5 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3644 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

Well we were told the trip was a WSB or bust trip, it was a bust. We fish Catalina from pre dawn until after sundown. Ended up with a hand full of bottom grabbers for the ten passengers. Lost one nice halibut to sea lions and two other, what were either WSB or Halibuts also to sea lions. As for the new boat. It has more deck area than the Ultra, is a bigger boat with plenty of deck area for ten guys, which is the load. As for the sleeping area, I give it a thumbs down. All the bunks are nice and wide but, six of ten have very tight vertical space, those being the forward most bunks. I had trouble just getting in and turning over. If you are tall with wide shoulders or are on the heavier side, you wont be comfortable unless you get one of the first four bunks at bottom of the stairs leading to bunk area. So my advice is, if you do book on the Pescador, get in line first and go down below right away and claim your bunk. Jacob is a hard working skipper and the deck hands are very helpful. They have a good meal choice as fishing boats go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users