• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16060 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:28 PM

ok, so we are building a new plant in Oregon, so we have to have 3 new pressure vessels built and we have them Built in Italy.

Well, the first one is just about done.  So someone has to inspect it, so why not the guy that's going to oversee the installation it. 

/

so why not make a vacation out of it, one day of work and 7 days of Vacation/education for my son Mikey.

we started in London so we got a Uber and when and saw the sited and well I'm not much of a tourist Like to think of my self as a traveler and this whole trip kind of proved it to me. 

Mama said we are (meaning Mikey and me) hands and feet where awful. so get in the car... but honey........... get in the F$#@!ing car..... yes dear. 

Attached File  KIMG1159.jpg   92.49KB   3 downloads

the Royal Gate

Attached File  KIMG1161.jpg   140.56KB   1 downloads

Buckingham Palace

Attached File  KIMG1163.jpg   69.61KB   1 downloads Attached File  KIMG1162.jpg   122.99KB   1 downloads Attached File  KIMG1165.jpg   159.02KB   0 downloads

ok enough of that we are here to go to Italy and we had a 15-hour layover in London so we made the most of it, on to Italy ok

first thing learn some Italy....... I know what the hell I don't even speak English very well. 

Attached File  KIMG1157.jpg   105KB   1 downloads 

This is our little house for the next 4 day, we are using it as a base camp and driving from here to our destinations each day its a 2-bedroom one on each side and the kitchens were in the middle 

Attached File  KIMG1167-42.jpg   204.5KB   2 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1167-41.jpg   82.61KB   1 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1167-43.jpg   380.15KB   1 downloads

Lazise, Castello Scaligero di Lazise is the first established harbor in Italy. The origins of the castle of Lazise date back to the 9th century Attached File  KIMG1167-6.jpg   90.54KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1169.jpg   107.67KB   1 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1169-11.jpg   235.09KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1167-5.jpg   126.38KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1167-3.jpg   548.2KB   0 downloads

found some locales to have a drink with Attached File  KIMG1169-12.jpg   104.51KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1169-13.jpg   121.01KB   1 downloads

I'll break this up into a few posts 

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#2 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3636 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:40 PM

I've spent a lot of time there Mike, although it's been many years ago. I Really like the country except for Naples, armpit of the world. Make the best of it. I bet Mikey is hating it, RIGHT. 

#3 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16060 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

Attached File  KIMG1180-8.jpg   84.43KB   0 downloadsok have to get this work day out of the way Meeting at the plant 

but let's start our day off with a big rig hitting me 

Attached File  KIMG1176.jpg   106.15KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1176-3.jpg   129.88KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1176-2.jpg   121.86KB   0 downloads

ok so now we are a 1 1/2 hour late. 

Attached File  KIMG1175.jpg   109.72KB   0 downloads

this is what it looks like before they start

Attached File  KIMG1175-1.jpg   431.71KB   0 downloads

and this is what it looks like after they just about done with it

Attached File  KIMG1175-5.jpg   101.37KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1175-2.jpg   145.6KB   0 downloads

ok now that is done lets go check out the Ferrari manufacturing plant

Attached File  KIMG1177.jpg   88.58KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1177-10.jpg   97.93KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1180-1.jpg   85.07KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1180.jpg   84.8KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1180-2.jpg   73.98KB   0 downloads

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#4 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3636 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:04 PM

Holy crap, a suit and tie. There goes your image. Might as well have one of those red things shipped with the vessel.

#5 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16060 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

del Garda TN, Italy

ok so let fine the largest mountain in the area and go downhill mountain biking in the rain....... (it was not supposed to rain) but we are here so let's do this 

we hired a shuttle to take us up the mountain, about 45 min drive

Attached File  KIMG1194.jpg   122.29KB   0 downloads

Attached File  KIMG1194-1.jpg   199.08KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1194-2.jpg   152.54KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1195.jpg   81.03KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1197-2.jpg   298.17KB   0 downloadsAttached File  KIMG1199.jpg   53.82KB   0 downloads

we went about 1000 feet below the snow leavel 

Attached File  KIMG1199-12.jpg   79.55KB   0 downloads

it took a little over 2 hours to make it down, had to go a lot slower than we normally run because of the rain made it slippery 

#6 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16060 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

time to go to Venice

Attached Files

#7 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16060 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

I did find something nice for Gundoglover 

Attached Files

#8 [email protected]

[email protected]

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the wild places. Tracking.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:07 PM

Don't know if you'll  have time to check out Pompeii, but if you do I wouldn't miss it! You being in the trades and all will be able to appreciate the magnitude of the ruins. Truly a must see in my opinion.

A toast, to Dr. Frank C. Hibben, Wherever you are out there in the ethers, Happy hunting. Happy hunting.

#9 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3636 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:08 AM

Not real keen on the colors but, they have real potential.

#10 snoopdogg

snoopdogg

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1248 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 05:24 AM

That's a business trip! Smart move...
Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

#11 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16060 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 06:57 AM

Holy crap, a suit and tie. There goes your image. Might as well have one of those red things shipped with the vessel.

lol no for what that vessel coast that thing would not even make a monthly payment  

#12 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16060 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:02 AM

That's a business trip! Smart move...

:ninja:  :beer-toast:  :smiley-7-bouncin-aqua:

#13 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16060 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

Don't know if you'll  have time to check out Pompeii, but if you do I wouldn't miss it! You being in the trades and all will be able to appreciate the magnitude of the ruins. Truly a must see in my opinion.

the farthest I made it was from Milan to Rome, the Ruins that I saw was my favorite thing of the trip, although I really did love the downhill mountain bike ride   

#14 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8933 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:09 AM

Have to love perks of the job

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#15 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16060 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 07:17 AM

we took the high-speed train from 

Lazise to Rome and apparently we had a good time because Mikey and I fell asleep and mama took this pic of your boys wiped out 

Attached File  20190410_182457.jpg   107.73KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users