8 replies to this topic

#1 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8916 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:49 PM

Hey all looks like I will be in the market for a new pickup and thought I'd reach out to see if any tof folks are in the busines. I'd rather do business with someone who has our same values if you know what I mean

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#2 ESSposse

ESSposse

Marsh Ninja.... Deal with it.

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11398 posts
  • Location:Corona, CA. Where men are men and sheep are scared.
  • Interests:Rainbows, Unicorns, and long walks on the beach shooting seagulls.....

Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:33 PM

SaltonSeaDog: Barry

TOF: Home to people that ACTUALLY hunt, fish and enjoy the great outdoors.

#3 DMax

DMax

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2396 posts
  • Interests:I'M TO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT ...waterfowl, bow hunting, elk camp, deep sea fishing being in the great outdoors camping fly fishing/hunting ....just need a good women to keep it warm .... ( . )( . ) (.)(.)

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

DAVE SMITH SAVE SOME $$ 

#4 YORT40

YORT40

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:52 AM

Dave Smith & Dennis Dillion are the 2 hot spots to save $$.

Both have 100's of trucks to pick from.

Both require a drive or flight to Idaho, but I have found it was worth it.

My family has purchased 4 Dodges from Dennis Dillion & 1 from Dave Smith. 

Yort

#5 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14988 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 08:03 AM

Have you had an issue with making CA emissions compliant?

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#6 YORT40

YORT40

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:46 PM

Have you had an issue with making CA emissions compliant?

No issues with emissions.                                                  Yet!

All have been Diesel with the DEF systems compliant.

The only item which is always up in the air is Calif sales tax. The dealer calculates the amount during the sale, but the DMV always has a different amount.

My parents paid an additional $400, while I got a $299 refund.

#7 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8916 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:33 PM

That's my only concern as I will be getting a gas moter and keep my vehicles forever

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#8 shadowlawnskysthelimit

shadowlawnskysthelimit

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:58 PM

Don’t know any car sales guys; but I will never step foot on a dealership lot again other than to confirm model of vehicle and level of options !!
The last two cars I purchased on-line. The last one a Dodge 2500 4x Deisel Longbed.
I confirmed that the SLT model was the one I wanted, went online and created a list of dealers from as far north as San Fran South to San Diego and East to Vegas.
Sent a group email to all explaining make, model and level of trim that I was in the market to buy.
Initial responses were great with all but two responding with offers. Two dealers, one in Lancaster and one in Carlsbad provided quotes that were way higher than all others. I called them out on it in a group email; and that if they couldn’t come more in line with the rest they would be eliminated from the email. Both came down !!
I played these dealers against each other for about 3 months, surprisingly the deal from Lancaster stayed right to the end , lol !!
In the end a dealer in Redlands was the winner of my business.
When I went to the dealership the paperwork was ready, a little haggling for my old truck and done and driving home in my new truck in less than 2 hours .
Great experience and the only way I will ever purchase a vehicle!!
Maybe not for everyone but I can’t take the Salesmen’s tactics and don’t have time for BS !!!

#9 SaltonSeadog

SaltonSeadog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2666 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 03:07 PM

I don’t sell new trucks. I sell lesbian limousines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users