#1 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5298 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (I think), Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 23 March 2019 - 06:05 PM

Ran across this documentary about restoration efforts being considered (or not) for the Salton Sea.  Figured some here might find it interesting...

https://vimeo.com/11...jvSty59Mz6e25Ag

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3

#2 Ducky's Dad

Ducky's Dad

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

Definitely worth watching, although somewhat depressing.  Especially in light of the Colorado River water deal that was signed last week.  I don't have all the details, but Imperial Irrigation District was holding out for restoration funds for The Sea, and they were over ruled on some sort of administrative or procedural loophole, despite their senior water rights.  Money had been budgeted and approved in the past, and yet nothing happens.  Same old, same old...

#3 socal duckie

socal duckie

2014 will be the year!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14195 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:41 AM

Lost cause amigos!! You can thank Sonny Bono for taking that ski trip.... To soon?

If the Sea doesn’t make the state money they don’t care... and they will toss billions at the clean up after it drys up.

END OF STORY

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN! DON'T JUST TALK THE TALK....DO SOMETHING!

#4 slinky_70

slinky_70

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:49 PM

Yet the state and these POS polititions continue to pour billions of dollars into a train that has not use and no future. Hope the Fed is successful in pulling the money back from these worthless liberals. Unfortunately I do not see this state being able to recover. Now our POS governor is going to take the illegal gasoline tax the was GUARANTEED to be spent on road infrastructure and spend it on homeless shelters.

#5 Ducky's Dad

Ducky's Dad

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 07:13 PM

Newsom is a lying sack of crap.  Hair boy with a lot of rich friends, what a putz.

#6 chessie

chessie

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1594 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 08:32 AM

LA Times Opinion:

https://www.latimes....0329-story.html

#7 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14992 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 09:43 AM

The real problem in a nutshell. The people who can fix it just don't give a $hit

Yet there is something about the Salton Sea that leads many lawmakers to ignore the urgency and put off remediation programs. It’s just so far south — off the mental map of officials who represent more densely populated urban areas to the north, like Los Angeles. It is hydrologically unconnected to the Bay Area and the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta, which supplies water for so much of the state’s agricultural and residential use. It is a disaster in the making, yet it is an afterthought.

They have heard officials promise repeatedly to fix this catastrophe by creating wetlands that moisten the exposed bed and sustain an ecosystem that continues to support migratory birds on the Pacific Flyway. They have repeatedly seen those promises broken.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
― Edward Abbey

#8 chessie

chessie

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1594 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 10:17 AM

Imagine if they actually turned the salt water to fresh water in 1949.....

Attached File  SaltonSea-MiamiDailyNews-4-18-1949.gif   153.93KB   2 downloads

#9 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5298 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:29 PM

Wants me to subscribe to see it.  Ain't gonna happen.  Will not subscribe to that communist rag either online or in print.

#10 chessie

chessie

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1594 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 01:07 PM

Wants me to subscribe to see it.  Ain't gonna happen.  Will not subscribe to that communist rag either online or in print.

They allow a few free articles a month.  Try again after March 31st.

#11 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6927 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

LA Times Opinion:

Wants me to subscribe to see it. Ain't gonna happen. Will not subscribe to that communist rag either online or in print.
They allow a few free articles a month. Try again after March 31st.

Hahahah. Already read too many communist articles this month.

#12 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5298 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 12:34 PM

EWe

LA Times Opinion:

Wants me to subscribe to see it. Ain't gonna happen. Will not subscribe to that communist rag either online or in print.
They allow a few free articles a month. Try again after March 31st.

Hahahah. Already read too many communist articles this month.

Well, the limit must be really low, like one or two as I'll click on links to stuff on FaceBook, not realizing whoever posted it was linking to the LA Communist Times and this is what I usually get.

#13 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3636 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:11 PM

I wouldn't believe the scores of sporting events, if that paper was the only source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users