#1 WildBill2

WildBill2

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and camping

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:01 PM

I’m heading to up to Washington this spring to visit my brother. Lives in the Vancouver WA area. Anyone hunt that area in Southern WA or northern OR before. Just looking for spots to check out up there, planning to hunt couple days while I’m up there.

#2 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2975 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 12:29 PM

Clyde??

#3 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6919 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

I have only hunted southern Oregon for turkeys. No help here.

Hopefully you find some birds.

I do have a client in that area. Let me see if any of them hunt turkeys.

Edited by nicapopolis, 13 February 2019 - 04:29 PM.

#4 Ducky's Dad

Ducky's Dad

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

Just looking for spots to check out up there,

You will be within ten miles of the Portland Airport, so check out the Danner clearance store next to the airport.  Some great deals on boots, available only at the store, no online or mail order last time I checked.

#5 WildBill2

WildBill2

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and camping

Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

Cool thanks for the info guys 👍🏻

#6 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16055 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:10 AM

My brother lives up there still I see what he knows 

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

#7 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16055 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:40 AM

this is what I found and my brother says Klickitat county is the place to research, 

if you do a search on google for klickitat county turkey hunting you can find a lot of info for your search. I posted the link to this info I found 

The three subspecies of wild turkeys around the state include the Merriam’s, Rio Grande, and Eastern. Currently, the Merriam’s subspecies occupies portions of Ferry, Klickitat, Pend Oreille, Skamania, Stevens, Spokane, Okanogan, Chelan, Kittitas, and Yakima counties.

Rio Grande turkeys can be found in Asotin, Columbia, Garfield, Lincoln, Walla Walla, and Whitman counties.

Confusingly, the Eastern subspecies are found western half of the state in Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Lewis, Mason, Pacific, Thurston, and Wahkiakum counties.

Of the three subspecies, the toughest to hunt is the Eastern variety on the west side of the state. Not only are Easterns supposed to be more wary, they live in some thick places, with lots of private land surrounding them. And their population numbers are much lower than the Rios and Merriam’s.

Because there are three different subspecies, and because they have good numbers of turkeys in several counties in eastern Washington, hunters are allowed to shoot three turkeys in the spring, with the following restrictions: only two turkeys may be taken in eastern Washington and only one of those may be taken in Chelan, Kittitas, or Yakima counties (combined); only one turkey may be taken in western Washington outside of Klickitat County. Two turkeys may be taken in Klickitat County.

When you look at the spring turkey harvest numbers over the past 16 years you can see there have been some ups and downs but for the most part the annual harvest has been pushing 5,000 birds with a few years bumping over that.

you can read the whole article here https://www.yakimahe...cd62a87769.html

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users