#1 utahduckhunter

utahduckhunter

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:love to hunt duck and geese dove chucker quail

Posted 03 January 2019 - 07:34 PM

Well things are starting to pick up herein southern Utah did good over the holidays

Attached Files

#2 Old Quack 49

Old Quack 49

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:obviously waterfowling , upland , fishing , baseball , family (not necessarily after all the previous) , people of integrity

Posted 03 January 2019 - 08:15 PM

Very nice ! I’m no expert but the 3rd pic the “mallard” is a brewers duck I believe ? Cross between a mallard and gadwall . Hopefully someone chimes in that knows. Congrats either way, Old Quack 49

#3 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8893 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:25 PM

Better than we have been doing congrats

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#4 Spanky

Spanky

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:41 PM

Got this one over the holidays. Got the merganser haircut but really not sure. Thoughts? Tasted like fish-liver. Not on of my favorites.

Attached Files

#5 Old Quack 49

Old Quack 49

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:obviously waterfowling , upland , fishing , baseball , family (not necessarily after all the previous) , people of integrity

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:59 PM

The guys who are better at I’ding these things aren’t posting up so I’m guessing it is a merganser. There are at least a couple of varieties. They all smell and taste like fish . I don’t shoot at them. Wish I knew more, Old Quack 49

#6 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6902 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:28 PM

Got this one over the holidays. Got the merganser haircut but really not sure. Thoughts? Tasted like fish-liver. Not on of my favorites.

This one looks like a Brazilian Merganser to me. It is probably someone's escapee from their collection. Good news is that you shot an endangered species...

From Wikipedia...

The Brazilian merganser is a duck in the typical merganser genus. It is one of the six most threatened waterfowl in the world with possibly fewer than 250 birds in the wild and currently 4 kept in captivity at 2 different Brazilian locations.

#7 nicapopolis

nicapopolis

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6902 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 06:31 PM

Very nice ! I’m no expert but the 3rd pic the “mallard” is a brewers duck I believe ? Cross between a mallard and gadwall . Hopefully someone chimes in that knows. Congrats either way, Old Quack 49

We talked about this bird on another site. Brewers was our first impression as well, but the body of that duck seems to be all mallard. So it is possibly just some weird mutation with his head plumage or a park duck...

#8 Spanky

Spanky

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 06:55 PM

Well, it flew with a group of bufflehed and was the lead bird so bam!

#9 wiggie

wiggie

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:07 PM

We talked about this bird on another site. Brewers was our first impression as well, but the body of that duck seems to be all mallard. So it is possibly just some weird mutation with his head plumage or a park duck...

Old hen mallard

#10 outdoorplay

outdoorplay

Founder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16020 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 10:25 AM

Nice 

it is my intent to do what is best for TOF, my bed side manners suck and for that I am sorry.
I am blunt and to the point and I do not have the ability to sugar coat it to save your fillings, So really if I tell you stop pissing on the carpet, just knock it off, man up and don't puff up carry on like soap opera. the rules here are really light so man up.

Some have asked way do you put up with all the crap some put me through. and this is it
I am tired of big business just taking form us outdoorsmen. most of the product is defective and does not work as stated. bottom line if there product sucks I want ever outdoorsmen to know about.

All I ask is support those that support you, this place is about real unpaid information, its real outdoorsmen not paid to say something outdoorsmen.........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users