#17 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3633 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping and a beer now and now

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:10 AM

United Launch alliance still shows it under review, while Vandenberg sit shows it Friday but no time shown. ULA starts live broadcast 20 mins. before launch. That way I know just when to step out front and check it out.

#18 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5292 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (I think), Fishing, Camping, Photography

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:34 AM

Just checked it, now says Friday the 11th at 7:31 am.

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you. -- Gen.9:3

#19 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:58 AM

Hey Fishdog, which site are u looking at. Both I use don't show time. For that matter ULA doesn't even have date.????????

#20 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5292 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

Hey Fishdog, which site are u looking at. Both I use don't show time. For that matter ULA doesn't even have date.????????

This one...

https://www.spacelau...YdHr2Qts3Rkx3BM

...be sure to set it to Los Angeles time or you'll be 3 hours off (it usually defaults to eastern time).  Usually, when you open the page a box pops up asking you to set the time zone.  If it doesn't, you can set it by clicking the time zone above the picture of the rocket on the left side of the page. 

#21 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5292 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:53 AM

OK, got to LOL at myself.  They launched a Falcon 9 this morning but this wasn't the Delta IV Heavy that they've tried to launch several times in the past month...

"In an unrelated matter, United Launch Alliance has not yet revealed a target date for its Delta IV Heavy rocket launch that is slated to carry a classified payload into orbit for the National Reconnaissance Office in a mission dubbed NROL-71. That launch, which is planned to take off from VAFB's Space Launch Complex-6, has been postponed multiple times since early December."

As noted in the quote they have no date for that one.  I had it confused with the one that launched today.  

(source: https://lompocrecord...5e598ad095.html )

#22 Old Quack 49

Old Quack 49

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Interests:obviously waterfowling , upland , fishing , baseball , family (not necessarily after all the previous) , people of integrity

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:34 AM

But it was a beautiful launch and they stuck the landing šŸ˜œ. Was too foggy here to have seen anyway. Iā€™m still going to watch the big one , Old Quack 49

#23 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14992 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:41 PM

Overcast here too. Waiting for Musk to light the fuse on this one:

Attached File  muskmars.jpg   48.67KB   0 downloads

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
ā€• Edward Abbey

#24 snoopdogg

snoopdogg

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

That one looks like it came from a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
Any day in the outdoors is a damn good day.

#25 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Musk said it is actual hardware not artist conception.   

#26 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5292 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:40 AM

The Delta IV Heavy that was the original subject of this thread is now scheduled to launch Saturday, January 19th at 11:05 am.

https://www.spacelau...aunch-schedule/

#27 Old Quack 49

Old Quack 49

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Interests:obviously waterfowling , upland , fishing , baseball , family (not necessarily after all the previous) , people of integrity

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

And you believe that ? Haha, they suck me in every time and I stand outside hopefully. Wish the time was the 5pm to 7pm range as it provides great views . Hopefully the weather cooperates, Old Quack 49

#28 fish dog

fish dog

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5292 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

And you believe that ? Haha, they suck me in every time and I stand outside hopefully. Wish the time was the 5pm to 7pm range as it provides great views . Hopefully the weather cooperates, Old Quack 49

I believe they scheduled it for that date and time.  Whether it actually goes is anybody's guess, especially giving the recent history.  Weather reports look good (so far) for that date/time.

#29 GUNDOGLOVER

GUNDOGLOVER

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3633 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 06:23 AM

4 hrs. 45 mins. +-. If at first you don't succeed, keep sucking until you do succeed. 11;05 AM 

#30 DKScott

DKScott

EWB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14992 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 09:47 AM

Did they launch early?  Went outside this morning about 7:30 and saw a fresh single contrail from west to east going over my house. That's the usual missile trajectory and jets leave a different looking contrail.  Must have missed it by minutes.

"One final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am - a reluctant enthusiast....a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it's still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much; I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those desk-bound men and women with their hearts in a safe deposit box, and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this; You will outlive the bastards."
ā€• Edward Abbey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users