12 replies to this topic

#1 Band Collector

Band Collector

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:43 PM

Selling a like new Remington 870 Express 20 Gauge Youth Shotgun.

Excellent Condition.  Extra choke tubes and sling attachments added. 21 inch barrel.  4 shot capacity.

Orange County

$275

PM if interested

Attached Files

#2 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:02 PM

Does it have a way to extend the length of the buttstock as the child grows? Like a spacer for the buttpad?

Also.. are the choke tubes rated for heavier-than-lead?

Edited by TheGDog, 17 December 2018 - 12:03 PM.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

#3 Band Collector

Band Collector

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:10 PM

Stock is cut down for a smaller shooter but I do not see a way to shim it to extend it but I am sure it can be done.  It could be replaced however with a standard stock from an 870 and a 28 inch barrel.

Choke tubes stock Remington screw in modified and IC OK for steel and Heavi-Shot type rounds.

#4 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:56 PM

And how do you know they are for sure OK for Hevi-shot type rounds?

I'm asking specifically because the Benelli SuperNova I recently bought used... the comes with chokes which are rated for Steel shot, but not Heavier than lead.

And it was a bear to find out that info too... I had to drill down into their website a bit.  You can't just tell by looking at the chokes. And it's important for safety that they for sure be rated for Heavier-than-lead if you plan to shoot them thru it at all.  And one of my goals would be to have the boy accompany me on a predator hunt. Hence Hevi-shot Dead Coyote.

You know what, that's Ok. Stock chokes are fine for now.

Edited by TheGDog, 17 December 2018 - 01:59 PM.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

#5 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 02:02 PM

Umm... BTW deal-breaker for me would be a fore-end that has a bunch of wobble and looseness.  

I have a cheapie Maverick 88 20ga somebody gifted me for the boy.. but the foreend on that thing is horribly loose and has a ton of wobble to it. Hence this sounded interesting to me as I believe somebody told me the 870's don't have all that slop the Mossberg based ones do, is that correct?

#6 Band Collector

Band Collector

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

Gun is solid.  We could meet at Turners in Fountain Valley and you could check it out.

#7 Skeet

Skeet

buck feaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 08:33 PM

G dog I have the same gun and believe me there solid. My nephew has put thousands of rounds through it including hevi shot

I came in this world with nothing and thankfully still have most of it left

I'm not lost I'm just scouting

Brutus the best friend a man could ever have dreamed of. You will be missed more than I can describe. Until we meet again in those happy hunting grounds rest in peace 4/23/96 - 10/05/09

B dog 04/03/2004-12/12/2016
I like big ducks and I cannot lie!!!!

#8 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

Thanks Skeet.  I'm fairly certain I'll buy it. Want a nice quality piece to start the boy out right, you know.  and if it's not too short, I'll probably use it for Rabbits occasionally just for a change of pace from the .17 HMR.

#9 ofdscooby

ofdscooby

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:09 PM

https://youtu.be/ejskHmQA1QE

Just buy it already

There is such a thing as a "dumb question" use the brain God gave you and try to figure it out you'll be a better person for it and you'll learn more

#10 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:40 PM

https://youtu.be/ejskHmQA1QE

Just buy it already

More than likely, we'll be meeting up tomorrow.

#11 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 02:58 PM

SOLD.  ;)

Edited by TheGDog, 19 December 2018 - 03:01 PM.

#12 Band Collector

Band Collector

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

Good meeting you Gary.  I hope your son enjoys his new gun...

Tim

#13 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:49 AM

Thanks Tim, even if it ends up he doesn't, it fit me nice enough that I wouldn't mind running it when I'm doing Rabbits, or calling for Yote/Fox/Bobcat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users