12 replies to this topic

#1 Roux Meraux

Roux Meraux

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

Not sure where to post this here or in the Waterfowl spot but since the issue is political I will post it here. Received a fund raising promotion from California Waterfowl Asso where they listed a Yeti cooler for a $1,000 donation. Not a Yeti fan since they severed their ties with the NRA and Friends of NRA. But also Yeti is over-priced. There are other options. CWA is a Friend of NRA or was last I looked. I wrote to CWA. Do you guys think I am beating a dead horse.

#2 Roux Meraux

Roux Meraux

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

My bad... according to PETA I should be using "feeding a fed horse" instead of "beating a dead one"... 

#3 [email protected]

[email protected]

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the wild places. Tracking.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:26 PM

Beat that SOB

A toast, to Dr. Frank C. Hibben, Wherever you are out there in the ethers, Happy hunting. Happy hunting.

#4 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2988 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:27 PM

How do you boil a frog?

#5 Roux Meraux

Roux Meraux

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:01 PM

Little by little they chip chip chip... next thing you know we will not have any freedoms. it will not be the America i spent 8 years in the Marines for. same applies for the companies and associations we patronize. Thanks guys I needed that little boost!!! the whuppins will continue!!!

#6 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:00 PM

They start clamping down... but.. then.. once their chrony buddies who actually produce the weapons and cartridges start seeing dips in profits.. and subsequently... the various political funds start seeing losses in contirbutions... those 'tards will start changing their tune.  They will wake-up and realize that if anybody is going to possibly support how they give billions to other countries only so that those countries can turned around and buy weaponry from their buddies... the only folks who are going to possibly support that are folks who enjoy their guns and have bought into the narratives they've created of who is the supposed enemy and how they like to whip people up into hating whom they want you to hate.  Folks who are more into enjoying the shooting sports... I have to imagine... are far more likely to be among those whom would scream for the blood of these folks from far-off lands that they want you to hate.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

#7 [email protected]

[email protected]

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the wild places. Tracking.

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:26 PM

They start clamping down... but.. then.. once their chrony buddies who actually produce the weapons and cartridges start seeing dips in profits.. and subsequently... the various political funds start seeing losses in contirbutions... those 'tards will start changing their tune.  They will wake-up and realize that if anybody is going to possibly support how they give billions to other countries only so that those countries can turned around and buy weaponry from their buddies... the only folks who are going to possibly support that are folks who enjoy their guns and have bought into the narratives they've created of who is the supposed enemy and how they like to whip people up into hating whom they want you to hate.  Folks who are more into enjoying the shooting sports... I have to imagine... are far more likely to be among those whom would scream for the blood of these folks from far-off lands that they want you to hate.

Would somebody mind translating that to human?

A toast, to Dr. Frank C. Hibben, Wherever you are out there in the ethers, Happy hunting. Happy hunting.

#8 SCREWLOOSE

SCREWLOOSE

Guide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1853 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:44 AM

They start clamping down... but.. then.. once their chrony buddies who actually produce the weapons and cartridges start seeing dips in profits.. and subsequently... the various political funds start seeing losses in contirbutions... those 'tards will start changing their tune. They will wake-up and realize that if anybody is going to possibly support how they give billions to other countries only so that those countries can turned around and buy weaponry from their buddies... the only folks who are going to possibly support that are folks who enjoy their guns and have bought into the narratives they've created of who is the supposed enemy and how they like to whip people up into hating whom they want you to hate. Folks who are more into enjoying the shooting sports... I have to imagine... are far more likely to be among those whom would scream for the blood of these folks from far-off lands that they want you to hate.

My upper decoder ring doesn’t have TheGDog module installed in it yet....
Fins for breakfast, Feathers for lunch and Fur for dinner. A well balanced diet...

You are not raising a BOY, you are raising a MAN. DO NOT let society tell you otherwise!!!

A co-worked asked why I wanted to kill a deer. I said "because they won't stay on the BBQ if I don't kill them first"

Patience is the Virtue that carry's a lot of wait.

PROUDLY SENT TO THE BANNED CAMP BY THE Captain Kangaroo!

#9 mjb

mjb

One life don't BLOW IT!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4228 posts
  • Interests:Keeping my freezer full of fur, feathers, fins & shells

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:26 PM

Big deal yeti closed promotions to the NRA that didn't pay off.

But a clothing company H cuts ties with a staff pro because he killed an animal with a primitive weapon.....all legal of course

#10 Zach

Zach

Comedian in training, at least on the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2988 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:24 AM

Maybe we'll get an album drop date....

#11 Nimrod

Nimrod

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 01:04 PM

Roux, I saw that promotion also and was disappointed to see Yeti involved. They are definitely on my no buy list for the same reason you mentioned. I am a strong supporter of CWA and wish they would use another company. Glad you wrote to CWA.

Cush was the father of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said,"like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD." ....................... -Genesis 10:8-9

#12 2rocky

2rocky

"Custom"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2113 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:42 AM

"we cheat the other guy and pass the savings on to you" 

That is what Yeti's business model seems to be.  Give away 1/2 of their production to pro-staff and organizations with large memberships then sell an f-ing dog bowl for 50 bucks. 

To be honest that is more offensive to me than them not imprinting an org's logo on their product any more.  

When they were the first to produce a really good cooler, ok...That's a premium product.  But now it's about the label.  

Here, I got a label for ya that will cost A LOT less....

shiticoolers_4_528x_63c3e334-55b0-4cf0-8

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

#13 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:29 PM

Hrmm.... I think that reply may have become posted into an incorrect browser window by mistake. Sorry gents.

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users