2 replies to this topic

#1 weekend warrior

weekend warrior

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:39 AM

Truth is that I don't hunt nearly as much as I want to or used to , too many dogs now , funny thing , I have possession of the best dogs I ever had and I can't seem to find the time to hunt them , I trial them extensivley and this leaves very few weekends open to hunt, what shame. 

Well Austin called last week and this Wednesday was Charlies birthday, he turned 3 on Wednesday ( big yellow Lab) I love Charlie and how could I say no to hunting over Charlie on his birthday, Charlie is a great athlete , and a lights out hunting dog. 

So my son and I met up with Austin and Charlie at Wister , on a 24 ressi, turned out to be about a 6, Got our blind set the decoys and promised Charlie we'd knock down some ducks for him. Turned out to be one of the best hunts I've ever had had. The birds cooperated, everyone was on their game, Charlie was great as usual and we left the blind at 7:45 with 21 ducks, 

I'll be back down to Niland this weekend campaining my dogs but I can promise I'll be looking over at Wister and thinking not much in this world compares to the comradery one feels sitting in the duck blind with friends and family working these amazing animals on the task that god put them on this earth to do. 

Cheers !

Attached File  Wister.jpg   163.92KB   4 downloads

How the West was Won (Colt) QA2
Delilahs Addicted to Mischief (Delilah) My Jammin little girl QA2

Addicted to the Migration (Goose) SH (My wifes dog)
Extremes Dixies Reble Yell (Dixie) JH
Dawsons Little Sable(Sable) 12/08 - 5/14 We'll hunt again someday girl.

Luck = When opportunity meets skill.

When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it , I deeply respect him.

#2 Mud Pigeon

Mud Pigeon

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:14 AM

Great hunt! Are you with the group that's usually across the 111? I think I saw them on English a week or so ago in a different spot.

#3 TheGDog

TheGDog

Sportsman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:28 PM

Whoa! Bet that Dog was super stoaked!

"None of us was born knowing ANY of this. If someone else can do it, You can TOO!" - TheGDog.
"The wise man can learn from even the fool." - TheGDog

"Life is like a big sh*t sandwich, the more "bread" ya got, the less sh*t ya have to eat." 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users