5 replies to this topic

#1 Hunt'EmUp

Hunt'EmUp

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:25 PM

Male Black and White; German Short Haired Pointer available. ~1yr. old; neutered; Inside house dog, Good with Kids, Like all boys=Loves women, Gets Along with other dogs. Field Bred GSP, very active. OB trained, CC, house broken, Bird work, fetch trained. Very intelligent

My Retriever trainer, is looking to re home Sam; a 1yr. old Black and White GSP, for one of his clients. Basically an Urban Family who doesn't hunt bought a well bred-field GSP pup, sent it off to training. Dog comes home and is way too much activity wise; for their life-style. DUH..Now they want to rehome him to a working-hunting home that will appreciate his energy and bird drive

So I told him I'd put out some feelers, and I know there are pointer people on the forum. They are looking for a working-hunting home, which this dog really needs. He's supposed to sent me a Picture, and I will post it as soon as I get it. I've been out with this boy, Very good looking, Smart Driven, he's definitely a GSP, never tires. But actually being around field dogs; I would put him in the milder category; but still too much for just a house dog. Not really sure how a pet home ended up with a dog like this.

Not sure if they are asking for a rehoming fee or not. I believe the owners have the parents paperwork-Health Clearances; will see if I can get a copy of that to post

In any case if interested please contact Steve with Applewood retrievers; 909 226-4261 ask about Sam. e-mail steve_stevens@me.com

Edited by Hunt'EmUp, 12 November 2018 - 01:29 PM.

#2 Zblue

Zblue

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 03:55 PM

Did somebody claim this pup?  I live in the mountains, he may workout for us.

#3 Hunt'EmUp

Hunt'EmUp

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:45 AM

Still Available; here some pictures. 46464901_1983977688316025_7337591157200746506384_1983977671649360_8794715072145346468079_1983977678316026_50558114324073

#4 vintage 1946

vintage 1946

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

I have always said people should be paid to own GSP dogs.  I have always been a Labrador plus Beagle pair guy for hunting and letting them not be alone when wife and I were at work.  I adopted a well bred field GSP who was rescued up in the hills by a neighbor and all efforts to locate an owner failed.  It took a lot of effort (and property damage) to deal with his high energy motor, but running him with my bicycle and my large back yard for running -- plus a lot of hunting of course -- kept him happy and he was very entertaining with his yard mischief.  Yes, he loved women, he was always on my wifes hip in the house or yard.  He died of a cancer at about nine years old a few years ago and my wife wanted to clone him.  She still can't talk much about him because she still grieves.  Out of seven dogs, she says he was the best dog we ever had.  We blanket trained him and the Beagle for indoors in front of the TV and crated him and the Beagle indoors at bed time -- it is quite doable.  Just be patient and know how to obedience train with love.

#5 Zblue

Zblue

Novice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:30 PM

What city/area is he located?

#6 Hunt'EmUp

Hunt'EmUp

Outdoors Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:40 AM

The Trainer is in Phelan CA, but he trains in Chino Prado Dog park 2x a week and up at EGA 2x a week. 

Finally got the pedigree information, not that I know anything about pointer pedigrees but Sam is out of Oklahoma kennel name Power Pointers; Sire: Albus Dam:Bella (links below). 

INT-CH "Albus" Von Den Donau-Wirbeln
DK - DEUTSCH KURZHAAR : 
https://www.powerpoi...info/albus.html

and Bella https://www.powerpoi...info/bella.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users